CHECK- 21

Fly Rod

Commander
:) Starting October 28,2004 a new federal law goes into effect regarding paying by check, called CHECK-21!!!<br /><br />You will no longer be able to pre write a check with out sufficent funds thinking that you have about 3-5 days before the check clears!!!<br /><br />With the new system country wide, a check will clear or not clear in 2-3 hours after it is cashed!!!<br /><br />This is difinitly good for those of us that run a bussiness!!! In some cases I've had to try to cash checks 2-3 different times before there would be enough money in the persons account to clear!!! ;) :cool:

Homerr

Commander
Re: CHECK- 21

GOOD! It's about time!<br /><br />Personally, I'm all for a check-less society.<br />Just think of how fast you would be able to get through the checkout lines when we no longer have the idiot who doesn't have his check ready?<br /><br /><br />LOL!!<br /><br /><br />H.

KaGee

Admiral

In every town, in every supermarket, an express line near you:<br />
12 Items or Less, Cash Only
Stands an Idiot, with half a cart full, wanting to write a check, with no form of official ID.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea I hate checks.<br />Just get your stuff and cash or zip it and be on your way.

ndemge

Commander

I use checks only to pay bills. I NEVER write a check to buy items, that's what DEBIT CARDS are for.<br /><br />Checks are good for paying for girl scout cookies, and other such fund raisers. Lets you know that some punk kid isn't just stashing the cash and it goes to who you intend it to go

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I hate check books also,"BUT" tell me how do those of you use a debit or credit card pay your electric; or heating bill when it has to go across or to another state?????<br /><br />If it weren't for the wife my check book would never be balanced!!!! See they are good for 2 things!!!! ;) :cool:

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class

hate check books also,"BUT" tell me how do those of you use a debit or credit card pay your electric; or heating bill when it has to go across or to another state?????<br /><br />
pay most of my bills over the internet lights, phone, satellite

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea all my bills are set up to pay online.<br />Even the plastic ones. :D