Cheap wakeboard bindings?

akorcovelos

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm looking for some cheap wakeboard bindings for the board I let all my friends use when they don't have their own board. I really don't want to spend $100+ on bindings for my loaner board. Anyone know someplace to get discount bindings? Seems even fleabay prices are stupid high for generic universal slip on bindings...

akorcovelos

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Cheap wakeboard bindings?

Those don't look too bad at $70. Why would they not mount to my board? Its just a Hydroslide Black Widow, pretty generic I though.

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class

Has to do with the width of the binding plates and what width the holes in the board are. Most all bindings come with 6" plates now, but a few years ago a lot of them were 8". If you do find yourself with bindings that are a different width than the holes in the board, usually that just meas you can't use all variations of the placement on the board (meaning the extreme settings won't work because of the differences). But they do make adapters for this purpose as well if you need them which allows you to use all settings even if the two are different.

akorcovelos

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK, got it. I'll measure the board's holes, but the bindings wouldn't be at the extremes anyway. Thanks.