Cheap airline tickets.

one more cast

Captain
I keep hearing about people getting super cheap tickets but when I try to find some I always come up with double or triple what I've heard. Is there some place cheaper then cheap tickets .com?

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Cheap airline tickets.

OMC,<br /><br />Right now the best deals are found direct on the airline's website.<br /><br />Find out what airlines operate out of the airport you want to fly out of. Go to their website and check. Besure to check out different flight times and days as they do make a difference in the cost.<br /><br />Where are you looking to fly?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Usually those special deals are limited availability, and have tons of restrictions. A lot of them are last minute deals. Get on a mailing list at all the airline reservation places, and they will send you weekly specials.<br /><br />If your schedual is flexible, you can use them. If not, dont even bother.<br /><br />Ken

one more cast

Captain

I am looking to fly to Atlanta to visit my sister. Funny thing is we can fly from Syracuse NY to Las Vagas for $119 per person but from Syracuse to Atlanta is $328 per person. May just bite the bullet and drive it. Trouble is with RA riding that far will turn my body to cement.

tfjrc2

Petty Officer 3rd Class

They get you from the smaller airports, and only the subsidized destinations have that lower airfare. Think Vegas or Orlando don't have anything to do with the cheap airfare to those cities?<br />Anyway, the best thing to do is a last minute thing. Try the bid-for sites and besides being flexible hope for the best!!<br />Good Luck!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

one more cast<br /> a trick I have learned is click on the flexible dates. I use travelocity quite a bit and have found I can usually get the same dates for 1/2 price if I use the flexible option.

Dunaruna

Admiral

I don't know if they do it in North America but down here they often offer a cheap oneway fare and hit the hip pocket on the return flight. What I do is book the oneway online and then book the return flight oneway - its sound silly but it works.<br /><br />Aldo

Bondo

Staff member

OMC,<br />My Bud flys back + forth from here(Syr) to Fla.,+ Ga. Alot.......<br />He tells me that Jet-Blue is the way to Go.....

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

AA, Delta & Continental all have $278 round-trips, 14-day advance purchase 1 night stay. USAirways is $218. Only DL is non-stop. If you can't get that fare quoted it's because they've sold out of that fare class for the day/time you want to travel.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

u check the cost outa Rochester yet?<br />bondo's right about jet-blue... at least up here.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Watch out for US AIR rumor has it that they are on the ropes and soon to go under.

one more cast

Captain

wow thanks, jet blue don't fly into Atlanta but I can go to FL for $69 per person each way. may just rent a car and drive up to atlanta.

aspeck

Staff member

Air Tran is another cheap one to use domestically