Charter Boat Fishing ?'s

Fishin' Jeff

Chief Petty Officer
I will have the opportunity to go deep sea fishing next week as my wife and I are vacationing in Aruba. The majority of boats I have found run about $230 for a half day. My questions are:<br /><br />(1) If my wife wants to come along and not fish, will she have to pay full price also?<br /><br />(2) What's the proper attire? Are shorts and non-slip sandals okay, or would a person need pants and shoes?<br /><br />I'm super-excited about this trip and plan on soing some snorkeling and maybe even parasailing! It will be my first time at any ocean. I plan on using massive amounts of sunscreen and wearing a hat when I'm not in the water. Any tips for this land-locked Kansan would be much-appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ron G

Commander
Re: Charter Boat Fishing ?'s

Can i go :D i do'nt know never been myself take alot of pics for us and have a great time.

LadyFish

Admiral

I'm not sure how they handle charging a passenger on board who dosen't fish but here in the states they generally charge for each passenger. They have to pay for the cost of the trip and if a passenger is taking up space where someone else could be fishing they pay.<br /><br />Shorts, a breathable shirt and boat shoes like Sperry TopSiders or Flip Flops. Most boats won't let you on if you have black soled shoes that can rub off on the boat deck. Boat flips, even the dark colored ones are made so the sole won't rub off on the white deck.<br /><br />Definetly wear a cap too the reflection off the water is extremely bright. Wear a cap with a dark color under the brim, it helps deflect the reflections. Sunglasses are a must too.<br />Sounds like you'll have the experience of a lifetime. Have a great time!

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Now there's a gal that knows what she is talking about!

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Check out whether you pay for a spot on the boat for $230 or whether you actually charter the entire boat for $230.If you charter the entire boat you should not have to pay for her.Out there the charter boats are often 16 to 18 foot long and there may be no room for a second passenger.

Fishin' Jeff

Chief Petty Officer

LOL @ Ron G ... I'll take as many pics as I can. Hopefully, I'll be too busy catching BIG fish to snap pics. That's what my wife wanted to do on the boat as her interests lie in photos and scrapbooking.<br /><br />Thanks for the great advice LF. My tevas (rubber soled sandals) should do nicely.<br /><br />I will definitely check on that, rolmops. A buddy told me today that the prices may be cheaper than what's listed on the internet, as the tourism in Aruba has really slowed down.