charging tow batteries at once

I have a 50hp force outboard and was wondering if it is possible to charge both batteries at once and if so how would i hook up the cables

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: charging tow batteries at once

Need more info, Popopfishes.<br /><br />How are your batteries rigged? Are you using 24v for a troller? Why 2 batteries instead of one?<br /><br />Let us know. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: charging tow batteries at once

Howdy, Poppopfishes.<br /><br />You made a new post, telling me that you have a starter battery rigged to your engine and a seperate battery, maybe a deep cycle, handling all of your electronics.<br /><br />Connect the negative poles of the batteries together. Use #6 or larger wire.<br /><br />Get a fused (I think 20 amp would do it)switch or a high current switch and a 20 amp fuse or circuit breaker and connect them in series between the positive poles of the batteries with #6 or larger wire. <br /><br />After you start your engine, close the switch (ON). If you shut off your engine, open the switch (OFF). DO NOT attempt to start the engine with the switch closed (ON). That would almost surely blow the fuse.<br /><br />Now your charging system will charge both batteries when the engine is running, but your starter battery will be protected from too much load when the engine is not running.<br /><br />Good luck. :)