Changing dash panel

Searay260cc

Seaman Apprentice
Since my boat is a 1989. I was looking around to see if there would be a dash I could buy to change mine. The one on my boat deems beaten by the sun and looks old.

Is it possible to have it changed?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Changing dash panel

Since my boat is a 1989. I was looking around to see if there would be a dash I could buy to change mine. The one on my boat deems beaten by the sun and looks old.

Ayuh,..... Anything is Possible,..... Ya either gotta throw enough Money at it,....

Or,....
Ya gotta be "Handy" enough to do it Yerself,...... ;)

There won't be a new dash panel layin' on somebody's shelf, waitin' to be sold, it'll need to be built,...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Great lakes skipper has a lot of new old stock dash assemblies.

And depending on the layout/design, there are countless generic or other brands that could work for you.

Searay260cc

Seaman Apprentice

I'll take a picture this week end and post it.

I'm going to remove the shrink wrap and start to clean the boat. Lots and lots of bleach will be used this week end :)

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Seasray260c, there are literally tons of options available to you with your own imagination being your only limitation. Take your original panel off and take it to most any trophy type shop and ask them for assistance to make a new one. They will show you an amazing number of options of material to replace your old one. It will amaze you at all the different colors, patterns and wood grains or what ever you want... I know because I use to design and build them myself.

Searay260cc

Seaman Apprentice

Seasray260c, there are literally tons of options available to you with your own imagination being your only limitation. Take your original panel off and take it to most any trophy type shop and ask them for assistance to make a new one. They will show you an amazing number of options of material to replace your old one. It will amaze you at all the different colors, patterns and wood grains or what ever you want... I know because I use to design and build them myself.

You mean a shop that makes trophy's? Wouldn't they laugh at me if I walk in there with an old panel?

gm280

Supreme Mariner

NO sir, they won't laugh at you walking in with a panel plate. Trophy shops have LASER engravers that are used for that exact type lettering and cutout efforts. And the LASERable material comes in most any pattern. color, texture, thickness and even wood grain laminates anybody could ever imagine. I know my wife retired from such a place and I designed a lot of plates and built them for others during my days. WE (wife and I) actually have a huge bed LASER engraver in our home but don't do those things anymore. We probably need to sell it one day! Give them a try...I think you will be pleasantly surprised... :D

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Great lakes skipper has a lot of new old stock dash assemblies.

And depending on the layout/design, there are countless generic or other brands that could work for you.

x2 I've been keeping a lookout for my Crestliner. You may want to search e-bay too. You'll find NOS there also...

NYBo

Admiral

When you see the price of a replacement, you may be motivated to restore the one you have.

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I would recommend a vinyl wrap - it did wonders for my dash resto....

before.jpgWP_20140329_003.jpg