Certain electronics don't work on my boat

EricKit

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello, I'm trying to figure out where my problem is on my boat. I have a Volvo Stern Drive Shop Manual with wiring diagrams for all these models, but I have no idea which is mine. They are all similar to AQ151A/B/C or AQ290. There are probably 20 AQ's, and some that are just numbers. I don't see anything except for a diagram for a 270 drive that looks familiar, but that's not my entire boat in detail like some of the others are. I'm guessing that's the best I got in those diagrams. I don't understand what all the models are, and which one is mine (My boat is described in sig). I have looked at the generic one. I plan on using that and following wires with a multimeter (And finding my fuses). I think I know where they all are and plan on checking them tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for any input.

Here are some pictures of my controls and I'll explain what is working:
**NOTE all tried with accessory switches in all combinations**

img1119t.jpg

Horn Works
ACC light does nothing that I see
Tilt Works
Blower does Nothing

img1121z.jpg

Lights do nothing in any position
Panel Lights do nothing
Pump works
ACC. works even with boat off (Lights up)

img1123l.jpg

Compass works :)
Instruments work
Fish finder works
CD Player does not work (Someone installed it - Not pictured)

Thank you!

EricKit

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Certain electronics don't work on my boat

Fixed most problems, tested all day with multimeter.

CD Player must be broken because all leads going to it have proper power. Took it fully apart and found a chip which had corroded leads, def the culprit.

Blower had a blown fuse and it's siezed

Lights had been cut near the side of my boat, and the wire leads were touching causing a short

the aux doesn't have a light, but it works.

Everything seems to be good once I get a new CD Player and blower!

Panel lights still do nothing, but I didn't really look at that too much, I don't know what that is.

Bifflefan

Commander
Re: Certain electronics don't work on my boat

It sounds like you have it all well in hand. Good luck with the rest..