Center Windshield Question 1972 Nineteen

danielmorse

Cadet
I need a picture of the center windshield trim on an 1972 Nineteen.

I bought the boat about 10 years ago and it never had the center windshield.
I finally replaced the windshield set with new ones from AristoCraft and was trying to mount the center windshield which came in the set.

I'm Missing all the trim that attached to the center windshield and was hoping if I could see a picture of the uper trim I could make it.

Thanks

ziggy

Admiral
Re: Center Windshield Question 1972 Nineteen

here's a few pics...

the rails are kinda custom looking..

IMG_3131.jpg

top and bottom rails

IMG_3133.jpg

bottom rail

IMG_3135.jpg

bottom rail

IMG_3134.jpg

top rail.

i used silicon for my first try to fix the rails to the plexi. i think i had a bad batch of silicon, but it didn't work... had to clean it all off and start over..
in the end, i used flexset http://www.marinetex.com/marinetexflexset.html it held, only drawback i see is i bet it's pretty permanent and will be very hard to remove if i ever have to remove the window if not maybe impossible to get all the old flexset out of the rail for window replacement...

not much sticks to plexi...
if ya want a different pic, let me know and i'll get ya different one.
welcome to iboats and the AristoCraft club...:)

dbkerley

Chief Petty Officer

Ziggy, mine must be defective because it doesn't say Coleman polylite 40 on it. =)

danielmorse

Cadet

Thanks for the pictures. I will try to get the top trim from astrocraft.
They said they might have some laying around.

ziggy

Admiral

have ya got something that will work for the bottom one? while i suppose ya could get by w/o. being a rounded metal piece at he the u part of the channel. i would think it would aid the window sliding into the pocket. as the window goes into the pocket, it's bending and the bottom edge of the window would take the load and be a friction point i would think.

Rodster55

Cadet

The replacement windshield from AristoCraft, is it flat plexiglass or is it pre-formed to match the contour of the windshield?

ziggy

Admiral

it's flat..

i had a bummer getting mine shipped to me w/o being broke. i ended up getting one from my local glass store. it was still flat.. like in the pics..

the fact that the panel bends is a plus. as it goes into the pocket under the bow deck it bends thus holding the center panel at wherever you leave it at...

AristoCraft sure had a great idea with a vertical sliding center panel... :cool: