Celsius 41.11

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Celsius 41.11

Great idea, I hope those that are confused go see it.<br /><br />Lets see how long it takes for the liberal media to bash this. I've never heard of it before, so they are probably trying to sweep it under the rug.<br /><br />Ken

NOSLEEP

Commander

THe liberal media will be slow to give it any<br />coverage. You can count on that.

rogerwa

Commander

Its created by partisan hacks is what the media will say.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

My guess is they won't cover it at all. They ignore that which they don't like until it affects them, then they demonize it.

aspeck

Staff member

Republicans Say They More Accepted in Hollywood<br /><br />Thu Sep 23,11:37 AM ET<br /> <br />By Arthur Spiegelman<br /><br />LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - President Bush (news - web sites) is quick to criticize Hollywood values and Hollywood is quick to bash the president, but Republicans in the country's liberal filmmaking capital say they no longer feel like an endangered species.<br /><br />With action movie hero Arnold Schwarzenegger (news - web sites) now starring as California's Republican governor, several top stars declaring party allegiance and a new generation of young Republicans filling film industry jobs, some conservatives say it is finally safe to come out of the political closet.<br /><br />But they are quick to add there still can be some testy moments in a town where liberalism rules the roost.<br /><br />On Jesse Moss' documentary "Rated R: Republicans in Hollywood," Patricia Heaton, the star of "Everybody Loves Raymond," bluntly described a dinner at which guests were appalled when she said she voted for Bush.<br /><br />"You'd think I'd crapped in the middle of the table," the Emmy-winning actress said.<br /><br />For years, Hollywood was the place where the causes of minority groups such as blacks, Jews and gays were treated with sympathy while Republicans usually got the back of the tinsel-town hand.<br /><br />After all, the Hollywood premiere of Michael Moore's anti-Bush and Iraq (news - web sites) war documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" ended with a standing ovation from the town's movers and shakers.<br /><br />To compound that, a New York fund-raiser for Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites) attended by some of the biggest names in show business ended in a barrage of vulgar jokes and sharp jabs at the president that did not go unnoticed.<br /><br />Referring to a comment by Kerry, Bush told Republicans at the party's convention this month, "If you say the heart and soul of America is found in Hollywood, I'm afraid you are not the candidate of conservative values."<br /><br />Hollywood doesn't only lend its star power to politics. According to the Center for Responsive Politics, the entertainment industry is the 10th biggest contributor to political campaigns, with almost $14 million going to Democrats and about $7 million to Republicans so far this year.<br /><br />YEARS OF BLACKLIST<br /><br />There are historic reasons for Hollywood's anathema to Republicans, having long attracted liberals to do the work and conservatives to run the studios. Memories also still run deep over the McCarthy-era blacklist backed by the studio heads to prove their Americanism.<br /><br />Hollywood has had stars like John Wayne and Frank Sinatra who have supported Republican causes, and it was one of their own, Ronald Reagan (news - web sites), who led the conservative revolution that brought him to the White House. Other Republican actors who gained political office were Clint Eastwood, Sonny Bono and George Murphy.<br /><br />Many Republicans say that for years they had to hide their true political colors but screenwriter Lionel Chetwynd thinks they may be gaining the upper hand among people under 35.<br /><br />But the well-known Republican added in an interview that while the industry had no blacklist keeping conservatives from getting work, it does have a "white list."<br /><br />"You can get work if are useful to a producer but you are held to a higher standard."<br /><br />Chetwynd is finishing an anti-Michael Moore documentary he hopes to have in theaters in two weeks, called "Celsius 41.11," a reference to the temperature at which the brain deteriorates from heat or as he says from Moore's "lies" and left-wing rhetoric.<br /><br /> <br /><br />Paul Bond, West Coast business editor for the Hollywood Reporter, said there is an "out of the closet" conservative surge in Hollywood this year that include film festivals and even workshops on how conservatives can get scripts sold.<br /><br />Steve Marmel, a comedian, writer and producer, says being a Republican in Hollywood is "really not that bad. You just get into more debates with people than if you agreed with them."

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /><br />Chetwynd is finishing an anti-Michael Moore documentary he hopes to have in theaters in two weeks, called "Celsius 41.11," a reference to the temperature at which the brain deteriorates from heat or as he says from Moore's "lies" and left-wing rhetoric.
Typical really. Sounds like they are just trying to make Moore look bad rather than to actually go after the facts in F 9/11. But if they can give me a good reason why 27 pages of the 9/11 report mostly concerning Saudi Arabia was classified and why 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudi's yet we don't even look in their direction, then I'll be all ears, but I doubt they will give a good explanation because there isn't one that I can think of. Then throw in all Bush's relationships with the Saudi Royal Family and a pattern starts to emerge. If the film can give good explanations then this will be a good film, but I have a feeling they're only going to go after the questionabe arguements in Moore's film and probably more at Moore himself. Either way, I'm still going to go see it.

ebbtide176

Commander

Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> Typical really. Sounds like they are just trying to make Moore look bad rather than to actually go after the facts in F 9/11.
sounds like Moore tried to make Prez Bush look bad rather than to actually go after the facts in F 9/11 also... and some people call it a documentary? get real