Cell phones don't float either

Scooch_2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jumping in on the theme.....<br /><br />I was up in Norfolk, VA last year with my company's ship which was in dry dock. I was leaving the ship and going down 5 stories of some pretty scary stairs. My bag hit my cell phone and broke the cheap little clip. I watched the phone bounce down the flight of stairs I was on. It hit about 3 steps and then hit the landing pretty hard still about 3 stories up. That's when I saw it separate. The front cover, back cover, and guts went into the yucky water around the dry dock. I was able to save the keypad and the battery.<br /><br />Some nice guy going up the stairs, took the time out of his phone call to point out to me that I dropped my phone. Duh, I would not have noticed.<br /><br />At least my boss let me expense a replacement....

The kuteau

Recruit
Re: Cell phones don't float either

I live in south louisiana where marsh fishing and trawling is at its best.I built my father in-law a 18 ft wooden boat and we wanted to go test ride it . i launched my boat along with his we went riding out in the catfish lake no problems, no leaks .well on the way in a big boat passed doing about 80 . i was in the lead i jumped the waves when i turned around i seen my father in-law going down . he went over the first wave and the bow didn't come up for the second one he went under i turned around to assist. his cell phone in his pocket , got wet his ice chest floating down the canal. i jumped in to grab the bow rope before it sunk to the bottom my cellphone also in my pocket . dumb i know i have two dry boxes in my boat.we got in my boat and i tied his rope to my stern and started towing it on the bottom i drug it for a good 2 miles before it came up to the top of the water so i kept it straight and jumped in again to pull the pluggs in his boat (with my cell phone in my pocket still)then i swam back to my boat and brought it to the launch. after we got home ,i got his motor running after about 2 hours . but we lost 2 cell phones and like a dumb a** i had cancelled my insurance on my phone because i thought i would never need it . laugh all you want .i am laughing now .we are taking it out to the camp tonight for the 2nd madien voyage . wish us luck