Cell Phone advice

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
With my new job I will be on the road alot(Teaching Independent Study). I'm looking at cell phones but am overwhelmed with all of them and their features. What do I need and who can provide it is what I need to know.<br />Here is what I need:<br />A phone that will have good reception due to the fact I will be spending alot of the time in the mountains.<br />A plan that allows me to call anytime. <br />Price really isn't an issue, but reasonable.<br />It will be used mostly as an emergency phone.<br />Any advice would be appreciated.<br />Bassy

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Cell Phone advice

i just switched to verizon nation plan and i really like it works great were my nextel and att had nothing i pay 150 for 1500 min

Drowned Rat

Captain

Bassy, Verizon seems to get the best reception in the most number of places. If you just want it for emergencies, get a plain jane phone. No flip phones, no color screens, no video phones. These features drain battery power and they get worse reception. Also get a phone with Digital and Analog. Often times Analog is all that is available in remote areas.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

When you narrow it down, go to local retailer and ask for a loaner, to check the connectability in the areas you will be traveling. <br /><br />If they won't loan or rent you one for a couple days, move on.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Bassy.<br /><br />I think this is a non-Boating Tech question.<br /><br />I will move it there for ya.<br /><br />Good luck. :)