Catch her if you can: Real men can't beat reel girl

Ralph 123

Captain
fishdg10182005.jpg
<br />Catch her if you can: Real men can't beat reel girl<br />By Leslie H. Dixon/ Milford Daily News<br />Tuesday, October 18, 2005 - Updated: 03:18 AM EST<br /><br />They'll be talking about Molly's monster catch for generations. <br /> <br /> The West Tisbury 12-year-old is the winner of the monthlong Martha's Vineyard striped bass fishing tournament for her 49.2-pound giant. <br /> <br /> I thought it was an alligator,'' Molly Fischer said last night. <br /> <br /> I was scared of it when we brought it in the boat,'' she added. But it only took me 20 minutes to bring it in.'' <br /> <br /> Molly beat out more than 1,000 salty fishermen to win the 60th annual Martha's Vineyard Striped Bass and Bluefish Derby<br /><br />She was declared the winner Sunday. <br /> <br /> The local fishermen are so excited,'' said Molly's mom, Linda Fischer. This is the true essence of the derby, the true essence of life on the island. It's as honest and pure as you can get.'' <br /> <br /> Molly won the derby in four categories including the junior division, the biggest fish reeled in from a boat, the biggest overall fish, and the biggest fish from a female. <br /> <br /> For her efforts she has won a number of prizes including fishing equipment. <br /> <br /> Molly, who is 5-foot-6, dragged the 5-foot-1-inch long, striped bass into the weigh-in station in Edgartown by herself. <br /> <br /> Molly said she caught her trophy in Vineyard Sound just off Menemsha. She fought 10-foot waves and swirling waves while bringing in her catch. <br /> <br /> As for all the celebrity catching on, she giggled and called it all amazing.''<br /><br /> http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=107562

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Catch her if you can: Real men can't beat reel girl

Dang! :eek: ...Jk

Funkyfarmer

Cadet

Excellent story! Good for her.<br />I would love to have seen her face when she picked up her prize. I bet some of her fellow contestants faces were a picture as well --> :mad:

LadyFish

Admiral

That is really an awesome story. She's hooked for life now. :)

i8skeerd

Recruit

fish n chips anyone? theres plenty to go around.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

It a great story but the truth (length) has been stretched a bit. The fish was actually 51" not 5'-1" long as stated in the newspaper article