Carver 3607 1982

bradley39482

Cadet
surveyor said to check and clean flame arrestor, what is he talking about? never heard of this. also vent hose flame screen at port mid ship has hole in it, is this the vent for the exhaust or something else?

thanks yall

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Flame arrestor is the 'air cleaner'. Soak in gas or buy a can of carb cleaner

alldodge

Staff member
surveyor said to check and clean flame arrestor, what is he talking about? never heard of this. also vent hose flame screen at port mid ship has hole in it, is this the vent for the exhaust or something else?

thanks yall

Agree gas works, but I like using diesel (less flammable) to clean arrestor. Then wash with 409 or similar and rinse with water.

The vent hose flame screen has my guessing what they are talking about. If there talking about the blower hose, then this is used to ventilate the engine compartment

bradley39482

Cadet
ok, so the flame arrestor is a Carburetor filter and the flame screen is the engine room blower fan?
gotta a lot of terminology to ketch up on,

alldodge

Staff member
well i can't get any photos to upload from my Mac,

Try this way Pic upload 1.jpg
Pic upload 2.jpg

Select send to server and then wait until the window changes back to main screen. Can take a bit depending on file size. If pic is to large you need to resize or use photobucket or such

Last edited:

bradley39482

Cadet
thanks dodge, very excited about it, hope I can bring her electrical up to grade, need to change out alternators and hook house battery's to be charged from engine. I'm having a hard time figuring this out, I have 3 house battery's and each engine has its own battery's , there is a battery charger for the house and the engine battery's, what ive been reading on the blue sea switch and auto switch only shows for out board, can you recommend something for my in board engines? its not very easy to figure out which one to get, looks like I need to switches and two auto relays , I have seen on there site a print for inboard twin set up but cant find it anymore, any help on this would be appreciated.
kindest regards​
brad

alldodge

Staff member
You can use either Automatic Charge Relays (ACR) or an isolator to charge the house batteries. Stating you have three house batteries you might just want to wait until you can plug your battery charger in. The typical alternator max output is 65amps. most lead acid batteries, even deep cycle batteries are unable to take 65 amps worth of output. While running your engine can start the process of recharging your house batteries, there probably is not enough time to really fill them up.

If you don't have a generator onboard, having three batteries should be good for an overnight stay, maybe two days if power is used sparingly, and recharge when returned to shore power. Hope fully you have a 3 bank, 3 stage charger.

Three bank w isolator & combiner.jpg

Here is a two bank one engine ACR install which would be what you would do for one start battery and the house batteries. The other engine would just charge its own battery. A 3 bank, 3 stage would also be used as above without an isolator to change batteries when on shore power
Two Bat w ACR.jpg