Carls 18 today!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
I haven't done an update on the little booger lately. So here it goes. Back in July he broke his probation again. The usual, pot in his urine, out over kerfew, and seeing people he is not surpose to visit. The judge gave him 90 days this time in Juvie. Carl told the judge that he would be 18 before the 90 days was up. Carl was shocked when the judge told him that is no problem. We will take you onto county jail for the rest of your time. Carl said but I will be 18. Judge says to Carl "Kid, your mine til you turn 21! Do you understand me? Carl goes "NO". Judge ordered him out right then and there. I never have seen my son turn so white. He was shocked. Well about 4 weeks ago they gave my ex wife temp custody of him. So that is where he has been since.<br /><br />It is so nice not having to raise my voice and blood pressure. Nothing comes up missing (especially my tools), electric bill has dropped about 45 bucks, food bill has dropped big time, and no more computer problems. It is good to have my home back. Oh I almost forgot, my car insurance has dropped now that he is gone and I didn't even go to Gieko!<br /><br />He still hates me, but I think he'll get over it eventually. He is still my son and I care and love him as well.

ndemge

Commander
Re: Carls 18 today!

Sounds like good news to me.<br /><br />Just last week I was driving my Bro-in-law to Heroin rehab..... ain't life fun.

Carphunter

Commander

I sure hope things work out for the best SS. <br /><br />He will eventually get over his "hate". Deep down, he loves you too, and hopefully he expresses it before its too late.<br /><br />Maybe a little "adult" punishment is exactly what he needs.

SoulWinner

Commander

My nephew is a problem child. My sister lets him walk all over her, and won't let his step dad do anything to snap his bee-hind back to reality. I think a stay in state prison is in his future. He is a thief and a con artist. When he goes down, I will try to be there for sis, but she don't like me no how. She called me one time to talk about her son. I told her the lil' bast. needed his azz kicked in, and he would get plenty of that in the joint. Well she hung up, and then about a month later he ended up in county, calling his mommy everyday, crying and whining for her to bail him out. I was proud of her that she didn't. Funny, he called everybody in the family to bail him out but me, and I was the only one who actually offered to bail him out, only if would come stay with me for a while.<br /><br />Anyway, he's out now and stealing again. I told her I would take him in if she didn't mind me handling him a little rough. well, that didn't go over well because she wouldn't have me being rough with "her little guy." He is a 20 year old thief who needs a little discipline. <br /><br />Hey, some kids HAVE to go down the hard path. I was one, and the hard road sucked, but I learned a lot from it that I would not have learned otherwise. And now I'm not a half-bad guy. I just hope he can learn something before he ends up in the state pen. Wish you the best SS.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

SS .. my hearts out to you. situation sounds like he doesn't know when to keep his yapper shut but, hopefully he'll get his head outa his a$$ before its too late. <br /><br />Tough love is often good love.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Things are turning around for you, SS! I'm glad for ya!<br />Carl will come around eventually. You just gotta maintain and be steadfast in your rules. Even though you've had to be tough, deep down I think he knows you know best for him. Just a rebellious phase he's in, and sooner or later, he'll figure it out for himself.<br />Keep the faith! You've got everything to gain!<br /><br />
4_7_12.gif

gonfishn

Commander

Best of luck with your son SS..He will look back some day and realize you were right...If not he may be looking at you from the other side of the fence

Dunaruna

Admiral

SS, I've been following your plight for a year or so now and its like reading my life story, wife with serious medical problems & son off the rails (19YO). <br /><br />I don't know you and I'm an outsider here but I find myself often thinking about you & your family.<br /><br />It sounds like your method for reducing blood pressure is similar to mine, I perpetually offer my son 3 meals and a roof over his head but the bulk of my emotional energy is devoted to my wife & daughter (16 today :) ), it keeps me sane. Tough love is difficult but I believe its the only course of action for the long haul. I believe that my son has a good heart and I suspect you believe your son does also, its a matter of time and helping when we can - after all, thats our job as fathers.<br /><br />I sincerly appologise if my post has overstepped the mark but my thoughts are with you & your family and I felt it important to voice that.<br /><br />Aldo

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

No problem Aldo (hope your daughter has a wonderful 16th birthday), and thanks to all the friends here. I doubt if there will be much news to give on him in the near future. Hopefully it will be some good news later on. Thanks for the courage and support to help me stand my ground. I do think he will appreaciate it later on when he has lived life as an adult.<br /><br />Thanks again.<br /><br />I haven't had to yell for awhile. I think I'll call NBC and yell at them for JB! Hey, I don't want to get totally out practice. :p

tylerin

Commander

SS, They say time cures all, and I hope in this case it comes true. I often think about your sitution, and wish you the best of luck...Mike