Carburator Question

bbrnhart

Cadet
Does anyone know. Will this fit or replace the Mercarb for a 1992 4.3L V?

2bbl Mercruiser Marine carb. Fits 5.0L serial nr. 0L015751 thru 0M599999 (1998-2001) Take off from freeze damaged engine.

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Carburator Question

Seems to clearly state that it doesn't. If they let their block freeze, there's nothing leading me to believe they did anything to the fuel system. It probably would have to be rebuilt at best. If you have someone else rebuild it, you'll pay more than if you buy a new one. Buy a new one.

bbrnhart

Cadet

BJCSC

I've got a perfectly good carburator. All I want off of it is the top cover. Mercruser put a large rainshield on top of the carburator. Due to their poor design it vibrates until it breaks off the cross bar in the carburator that you screw the flame arrester onto. Further, The guy knows that it fits his 5.0L motor but he doesn't know if it fits others.

So Back To My Original Question. I'm looking for others like Don who are knowledgable enough to answer the question correctly.

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

BJCSC
So Back To My Original Question. I'm looking for others like Don who are knowledgable enough to answer the question correctly.

Ouch. Point taken...just trying to help out...good luck...

bbrnhart

Cadet

Ouch. Point taken...just trying to help out...good luck...

No offense taken. I know what you mean about buying a new cab that has sat uncared for. I have done the carb boil out and rebuild before and they never work like new again.