carb problem ?

auchandler1

Seaman Apprentice
Ok guys new problem with my force 125. I went out this morning and at first took a bit to start her up but then got her going. After a while we stopped to fish and tried to crank but wouldn't turn over. Spins freely and all but when I took the cover out my friend look at it while I tried cranking it again and he saw gas shooting out of the carbs? Now if I am correct I am guessing a small object may of gotten in the carbs and clogged it up. I was thinking maybe decarbing it or getting a new carb kit and replacing the hoses as well?

What's your thought?

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: carb problem ?

Sounds like a stuck float inside the carb(s). Remove the bowls and clean them then make sure the floats move freely. If in doubt, remove the carbs, disassemble and clean them. Count the number of turns in before you remove the low speed needles and either put them back the same or start with 1 1/4 turns out from lightly seated. Read the sticky to set them correctly.

Jiggz

Captain

Start with the easy one as mentioned. You did not specify if both carbs are shooting gas out. Or if the gas shooting out is accompanied by air or blow back from the engine. Do you still have the original fuel pump or modified to an electric fuel pump?

auchandler1

Seaman Apprentice

The carb on the top has the issue and I have the original fuel pump on the outboard. I do not know about the blow back or air leaving. All I know if I tried cranking the engine and I see gas pouring out.