Carb Has Me Stumped--Help!

RCHRR

Cadet
I have a '94 Kawasaki 750XiSS. I've cleaned the Keihin carbs and installed new carb kits. The motor will start if I close the choke and open the throttle until I see fuel coming out uf the holes in the choke. Once I see this I turn the choke off and the motor will run until the fuel that was built up in the carbs is used up. There seems to be no vacuum without the choke. I'm at a loss at this point.:confused: I noticed that there is a extra pump on the carbs but I can not locate a pump kit on the OEM diagrams. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

twista

Cadet
Re: Carb Has Me Stumped--Help!

are there 2 hoses ,, one to each carb,, they work off vaccum,, if you dont have vaccum,, the fuel will not feed,, also did you mess with the fuel line at all,, because there is a check valve in the line also,, let me know

RCHRR

Cadet

Found the cause for no vacumm. I did a pressure leak down test on the motor and found that the dump valve located in the bottom of the crankcase was worn out. Replace the dump valve with a block off plate and problem solved.:)

bpippin

Seaman Apprentice

Found the cause for no vacumm. I did a pressure leak down test on the motor and found that the dump valve located in the bottom of the crankcase was worn out. Replace the dump valve with a block off plate and problem solved.:)

Is it safe to black it off since you can't relieve it if needed? Reason I asked is my JL650A1 runs okay at half choke after carb rebuilt but still hesitates throughout acceleration. I tried to pull the release valve to see what its status was and it seemed stucked so I didnt want to pull on it and it get stuck opened. Other than that it will start right up no problem and will let you throttle it up once it warms up.

RCHRR

Cadet

Yes it's ok to block off. If you get water in the motor you just pull the plugs and turn the motor over to blow the water out.

thumpar

Admiral

It is safer to have the block off then not have it. If you have any leak in the drain seal you can toast your motor with a lean condition.