Car-Truck Tags

NYMINUTE

Captain
What plates do you run on your rides? Each state has a vast menu of styles? Thanks for the idea Ken (Titles)

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: Car-Truck Tags

The only reason I refuse to get vanity plates is because NY state charges $195 for the vanity, plus the cost of registration, $54 for 2 years!<br /><br />$249 is alot of money every 2 years to be paying the politicians in Albany, just so they can line their pockets with taxpayers dollars!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I use the Texas flag theme plates.

gaugeguy

Captain

I have the moose plate. $30 a year and most of it goes to help preserve the wild and historic places in NH.<br /><br />
Moose_Plate_200px.jpg

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

I'm trying to slide thru life without getting caught, so vanity plates just won't do...Chief :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

I have Veterans Plates on my truck and Van. Wifey has standard issue tags, very ugly. Vet tags are +$15.00, but you must provide documentation of eligibility. DD-214.

KennyKenCan

Commander

gaugeguy,<br /><br />That money didn't do "The Old Man In The Mountain" any good now, did it?

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Truck tag - both wife and I graduated from UCF<br />
1c1a.jpg
<br /><br />Wife's car - she been teaching for over 30 years<br />
ac31.jpg
<br /><br />and the boat trail has to have one also - wife and I are bass fishermen....fisherpersons<br />
e113.jpg

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by KKC:<br /> gaugeguy,<br /><br />That money didn't do "The Old Man In The Mountain" any good now, did it?
Actually Kenny, they had been trying to save him for decades. I climbed up there about 10 years ago and couldn't believe all the cables and turnbuckles they had on that piece of rock to keep it from falling off the mountain. Now all the tourists come to see where the Old Man was :rolleyes: I don't get it :confused:

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

For the first time Virginia standard issue plates have a motto on them.<br /><br />400th anniversary 1607-2007<br /><br />I run standard plates, but the truck has farm vehicle plates<br /><br />Jinx

Link

Rear Admiral

Mrs.Link and I both have Ham plates (with amateur radio call signs) on her car and my van. 8-10 dollars a year. Truck and boat trailer standard. Looking for vintage plates for the 72 GT

TilliamWe

Banned

Again, you're plates are cheap, even you in NY KKC! $78 per year car or truck in IL. But:<br />Vanity plates in IL are no extra charge if you get them when you register your new or "new to you" vehicle for the first time. And there is a format, for cars it's letters then numbers, such as, WTB Z 24 (that's free) or on a pickup it's 21 CHAP (that's free). But if I wanted TILLIAM that would be the regular fee doubled, I think, every year!.

Drowned Rat

Captain

I use this one<br /><br />
az_navajo.jpg
<br /><br />The money goes to the Navajo reservation highway department.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

In Michigan, when I got my plates the no extra cost plates were ugly blue. So I got the Auto Industry Centennial plates for the wife's van and then the Michigan Splendor plate for my Blazer. Now if you need a new plate, no matter what, it's an extra $5.00. On top of that I pay $86.00 for the Blazer and $94.00 for the van. Seems steep to me. Vanity plates are $25.00 extra each year and the University of "special" plates are $25.00(?) with "proceeds" going to the cause.