Car accident kills 18y/o

11 footer

Lieutenant
Sad story,<br /> http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BOS3136/ <br /> <br />I know, well knew, the kid who died in the Explorer. This happend because he was drag racing another kid. <br /><br />Its real sad, he was pretty well known and liked. I wasn't real good friends with him, he was more of a "friend of a friend" but its got a lot of people upset. I'm home alone this week, was planing on having some fun and it kinda puts a damper on things. <br /><br />Wear those seatbelts.

bubbakat

Captain
Re: Car accident kills 18y/o

Yes ryan that is so sad. Its a loss to every one involved.<br />But then again its reality check

monoshock

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had the same kind of thing happen to my nephew about five years ago. <br />You never forget, but time does help.

ZmOz

Captain

A friend of mine was killed in a motorcycle accident about a year and a half ago. Only 18, just a couple months before she graduated from high school. There were about 1200 people at her memorial service. There are definately alot of other people that wouldn't be nearly as missed...she was one of those people that is somehow always smiling.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Too much, too young and too soon. How many of us could that have been but for the grace of god? Sad day but as monoshock said time does help.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Relly sad, making small mistakes can turn out to be big ones.<br /><br />Ken

PW2

Commander

When my daughter was in high school in Ontario, every winter there used to be at least one sno machine accident that would kill one of her classmates--several years more than one. It was a fairly small school (700 students or so)and she would invariably know the kid reasonably well.<br /><br />It is sad, but then there is a reason that insurance rates are so high for young drivers:<br /><br />Too much power and too few brains can lead to lethal consequences.

LubeDude

Admiral

Sad story indeed!<br /><br />Just this morning there was motorcycle accident here in town , fortunatly there were no deaths, The Idiot involved, 20 years old, just picked the new bike up this morning and had only had it for an hour when he was persued by the local police for going over 100 MPH in 45 MPH zone, He crashed trying to elude the cops. No motorcycle endorsment, no insurence, no sense!!