Captain's Mass

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class
A recent post asking about how one obtains rank got me to thinking about a topic. Seems like we should have a system of demotion as well as promotion. A old fashioned "Captain's Mass" if you will. :rolleyes: <br /><br />When one gets out of line one is punished for the sake of behavorial modification. We could consider demotion, restriction from the keyboard for 30 days, a fine, or even public flogging(perhaps at the Hideout or the I-Boats showroom), etc :eek: <br /><br />So all we need is a set of rules (to be thought up and approved by the membership), someone to administer the rules (Judge and jury to be recommended by the membership), and a list of behaviorlly modifying punishments ;) <br /><br />Intent is not to punish the obnoxious but to set a standard that improves the quality of life for all the membership :D <br /><br />Thoughts?

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Captain's Mass

Moahh...will get us a lot of keelhauled members I think, or are they just thrown out? But seriously...it's a fun and learn site, so why the hassle? It's well moderated and " out of line" is sometimes a matter of perspective. Example: in Holland nobody makes a point about abortion. If I would make the observation " what is all that hassle about in the US" I might get busted. So who's to judge? (tricky example, I guess)<br />Frank

Sounds more like vigilante justice than a Captains' MAST. ;) :wink: :wink: ;sinking; <br />Durn those graemlins. :D

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

That's Captain's Mast.. I got enought of them when I was a young, wild sailor.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

OK I'm in as long as we play by my rules......now when do I get my ZAPPING powers. :D

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had hoped that someone would start listing the rules. Things that we would like NOT to see from people posting.<br /><br />Like: name calling; punishment - 15 day suspention from posting. ;)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

How bout swabbing the keyboard for 15 minutes if ya post a troll. :D <br /><br />Ken

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I've been here on the board for awhile now. Haven't ever heard of having a captains mast, but have had quiet a few members that walked the plank to never return. Too many poofs and your walking the plank.

NYMINUTE

Captain

This is a fun site, why mess with success? Maybe a demotion for stupid ideas? Theres one to ponder this weekend. See Ya.. Lake is a callin'

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> This is a fun site, why mess with success? Maybe a demotion for stupid ideas? Theres one to ponder this weekend. See Ya.. Lake is a callin'
But what if thats the only kind of ideas ya have? :( :( :D

KRS

Banned

Pretty sure it's "Captain's Mast", he's not holding church ya know :)

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Rule #1.<br />All posters who suggest rules are suspended for 3 days. :)

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by Limited-Time:<br /> OK I'm in as long as we play by my rules......now when do I get my ZAPPING powers. :D
You did'nt know it but you had your zapping chance, sorry that you missed it, it was for limited time ...only :p

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by alden135:<br /> Rule #1.<br />All posters who suggest rules are suspended for 3 days. :)
:eek: Dude, you just suspended your self for 3 days<br /> :D :D :D

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

azfyrfyter63,<br /><br />You're right. It's Mast not Mass, but that was intended to be part of the irony. The post was all toungue-in-cheek. A joke if you will.