Captains License

Offshore22

Cadet
I have decided to obtain a OUPV license. I will take a course in Ma. Can anyone recommend a school they have attended.<br /><br />Thank You,<br />Offshore 22

boater4life

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Captains License

This school is excellent and unlike other schools they give you the test as well. Keep in mind when your looking around, that most other schools are just prep courses. You would still have to test at a CG location. I believe that the 3 B's is one of very few that test you as well. http://www.captainsschool.com/ <br /><br />Good Luck! <br />Capt. Todd Hurley

Offshore22

Cadet

Thanks for the info Todd!!<br />I found a school in CT. that meets once a week that would fit well into my schedule now. American Boat School. Does annyone have information about this school, or any weekly schools in New Enbland?<br /><br />Thanks<br />Offshore 22

Fly Rod

Commander

BoatWise is an excellent school for a captain course.They work with you at your own pace, test you when you are ready and they also give you the captains test You wouldn't have to go to the coast guard .<br />They are out of:<br />South Hampton New Hamshire 03827<br />1-800-698-7373<br />www.boatwise.com <br /><br />I do not know if they have a school in your area, but I do know that they have schools though out Mass.<br /><br />Watch out for schools that just want your money. They are out there. Cost you hundreds and you have to do all the work and follow up yourself.