Capital One/ESPN/iboats Bowl Mania

aspeck

Staff member
Sorry, I am behind the times with this thread. It starts in just over an hour, but there is still time to get your first pick in!

Don't forget, when you sign up, make sure you join the iboats group. See you there and happy bowling!

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
I see where Penn State announced that the Seniors decided, with the support of the coaching staff and administration, that they would NOT go to any bowl if invited this year. Although they ended the season strong (4 straight wins), they were ready to go home and spend time with their families. Personally, as "nice" as it would have been to have a chance to finish with a .500 record, in the big picture that didn't matter and being with family over the holidays was important. I say it was a wise and good decision on their part. With a 4-5 record, did they really deserve to go to a bowl game anyway? Probably not, but they do draw ratings.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Two more Bowls have been canceled - Saturday's Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix and New Years Day Birmingham Bowl. Now I know why it took so long to open Mania. Will more bowls be added?

Along with Penn State, Boise State will not be playing any bowl game. Just for general principles, Kelly would withdraw ND from the fake Rose Bowl. Gonna be a loss anyway.