Capital One Bowl Mania

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Capital One Bowl Mania is opening up for picks a few minutes after "Just finalizing a couple of things. Check back soon!"

We only have two entries and the Bowl Season begins tomorrow. That's unless it's another cancelled bowl. It's been that kind of year. :(

GA_Boater

It is open for picks.

Last year we had 39 games to pick from. This year there are 29 if none are cancelled. A lot of unsponsored bowls this year.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Plenty of time to sign up. A bunch of games, you won't be behind....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
They're calling the Bama/ND game in Arlington TX the Rose Bowl. Wonder what Pasadena has to say about it ...

bassman284

Commander
They're calling the Bama/ND game in Arlington TX the Rose Bowl. Wonder what Pasadena has to say about it ...
Meh, They didn't want to have it, so... Maybe they'll sue for trademark or something.

Iowa still plans to go to the Music City bowl although the head coach and several staff and/or players have tested positive. Guess we'll see.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Meh, They didn't want to have it, so... Maybe they'll sue for trademark or something.

They would have had it, they just weren't going to cater to ND and have fans. State order prohibited it. Their hands were tied...

GA_Boater

Coach still got the Gatorade dump, too. That was thinking outside the Jack In The Box.

bassman284

Commander
They would have had it, they just weren't going to cater to ND and have fans. State order prohibited it. Their hands were tied...
Oh I understand that. Just a goofy post I guess. It's just funny that they move the game to Jerry Dome and still call it the Rose Bowl. I mean, is nothing sacred?

GA_Boater

Oh I understand that. Just a goofy post I guess. It's just funny that they move the game to Jerry Dome and still call it the Rose Bowl. I mean, is nothing sacred?

Using Jerry and sacred in the same post is more than confusing. 🥴

GA_Boater

Rose Bowl should have stayed in Pasadena. Moving it sends the wrong message and catering to ND is very unchristian-like when the whole country, no the whole world, is in the throes of a pandemic. ND should have stayed home and let another team have a crack at a Rose Bowl trophy which ND has tarnished with selfishness.

Off the soapbox................

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
@sphelps Sam, you're spotting us 4 games. Working days must have messed up your clock. :(
I did make picks somehow on my own no group...I was too late on the first 2 games but got the next 3 correct . LOL !!
Oh well ... I did so well last year I figured I would spot you guys a few just to make it fair ... 😁

aspeck

Staff member
I did make picks somehow on my own no group...I was too late on the first 2 games but got the next 3 correct . LOL !!
Oh well ... I did so well last year I figured I would spot you guys a few just to make it fair ... 😁
If you made the pics on another roster, remove the blank roster from the group and add the correct roster. Problem solved.

GA_Boater

No one else had any love for Hawaii...
It doesn't look like it. :( Maybe UH is a 2nd half team? Or they are confused that Albuquerque looks like Frisco, Texas? :unsure:

Last edited: