Can't Believe It......Snow Coming

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Forcast for 1-3" by Monday.....SS Mayfloat....hope ya' didn't put yer' snowshoes away yet. <br /><br />Talk about being "P-O'd" at the weather.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

ZmOz

Captain
Re: Can't Believe It......Snow Coming

Supposed to be in the mid 70s and sunny here next week. :D

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Hey Zm do ya'll have water in the lakes up your way?<br />I heard that its been pretty dry up there some,eh?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Latest update.....could see up to 6" of snow before its over..... :mad: :mad: <br /><br />OK....who wants to trade some sunshine fer some snow.......givin' 3lb of snow for every 1lb of sunshine...........anybody??????? someone??????<br /><br />Yeah Chris....I thought the March blizzard of '93 was late.....we got 18" of snow then.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I got snowed on driving through western Colorado last August. Really freaked me.<br /><br />I don't think I would want to live anywhere that it snows in late April, OBJ. Should I set up a tent for you at The Hideout? It is 72 and sunny today.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

It has snowed west of me in the last couple days and is snowing east of me in a couple places including you. Thankfully it has not snowed here yet but when I went to do some watering with the hose this am it was froze solid. Supposed to be in the mid twenty's again tonight with percipitation in the forcast...I certanly hope that percip stays clear rather than fluffy. But with that snow feeling in the air and the forcast I've seen it is gonna be a wait and see deal. <br /><br />Just be carful on the roads, it is amazing how fast some peole forget.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

JB, if there is a close place to launch the Crazy Mary, I'm on my way....never mind the tent. I'll sleep in the boat.... :D :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Dang OBJ, makes me cold just thinking about it.
48.gif

dolluper

Captain

I think your blowing that snow this way ,were supposed to get it Monday,hard to believe it was in the 70,s this week Man oh man I think I'm going to feel your pain personally, we got some of that west coast rain the last couple of days<br />Burrr I thought it was over Where the heck is that f@t Lady :mad: :mad:

KaGee

Admiral

Still snowing.... melting some.... don't know what the total is.... #$%*@#@(%% :mad:

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Good news is we didn't get the snow accumulation that was predicted......none of it. Melting as fast as it's falling.<br /><br />Bad news...lot of falling moisture in the past couple days and accumulation north. Bound to melt fast. Hope it doesn't spell Spring Flood for us folks on the river.

keelhauled

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Friend called me today and said he got 8".. he's just southeast of Cleveland!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

DOH! Frigg'n snow! First time ever I had to shovel snow off the dock. I guess that is what I get for putting in before May. Park officicals made us leave the dock late last night. Actually they had to ferry us from the dock to shore. All the rain has shut down the ramps and has raised the water level. <br /><br />I left the heat on since the cabin heat kept the hull/deck warm to melt the snow as it fell.<br /><br />My area already had a record snowfall season. This snow has put us way over the top. This snowfall has been the most this late in the season since records have been kept. I measured 10" of snow this morning. Forcast says more snow and rain for the rest of the week. Probably won't be able to get to my boat now for the next couple of weeks due to the high water.<br /><br />Jim, it sounds like the muddy banks is going to be rising again. I just hope we don't have the flooding that has been going on for the last couple of springs. <br /><br />Point taken here is that SNOW SUCKS!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Last weekend 80* Sat, 77* Sun. Had the boat out. This weekend 40* and 38* with wet snow. Looks like the midwest, and mid Atlantic all had a crappy weekend. Time to fire mother nature! We need a guy to run the show. My nominee is JB. :)

KaGee

Admiral

Snow now 2/3'ds gone already... got anywhere's from 4-6". Most melted or we would have seen around 8". Temps to reach mid 50's and snow will be gone by sunset hopefully. <br /><br />East of here got a bunch more.

dolluper

Captain

Guess we missed it or all the hot air coming from parliament hill melted it before it fell,the politicans are heating things up big time

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea more rain coming in Tuesday.<br />Just what we need with the river going to be going up anyway, more rain. :mad: :mad: :mad:

eeboater

Commander

Kagee... spoke with my dad yesterday in Lorain/Amherst area, said they had about 3-4 inches as of about 7:30 pm. They're right on the lake.<br /><br />Sean

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Everybody quit breathing!!!!! We're putting to much ozone in the atmosphere!!!! That's whats causing all this weird weather....... :D <br /><br />I looked at the island this morning on the way to the shop this morning SS.....it sets just below Pike Island Dam. Water is rising. Supposed to rain most of the week. Bummer. Only printable word I got for it.