can you I.D. this prop?

Deimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am triing to I.D. the prop on my boat. It is a "68 merc 1000 and is probably the stock prop but?????

It is stamped: MICHIGAN (in an arch) and then hand stamped: P R 1 5 7 C U P.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.
motor.jpg

Crownie2

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: can you I.D. this prop?

I doubt a Michigan wheel would be stock.

The hand stamping may be by someone who modified it.

Bob

Deimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

is there another place to look for more numbers?

Does any one know what size prop is recomended for a 100hp motor on a 14" ceebee avenger?

boat.jpg

jddenham

Petty Officer 1st Class

Do you want a general purpose ski/cruise, ski, speed etc? I bet a 23 pitch SS would work nice on that boat for speed. Can you get the AV plate about the keel very far? If you could get 1/2 - 1" above a high performance SS prop like a raker might work really well - but then again you probably don't need much bow lift with a sixer on the back of a 14' How many horse is that hull rated for?

How does the stock prop perform for you? Maybe you could raise the motor and get satisfactory performance with that one?

Just be careful raising the motor - have a fuel pressure gauge installed before you move it to get a baseline reading and watch it close.

Deimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

the hull is rated for a 150. it came from the factory with this 100.

a twenty three sounds pretty steep, but thats why I wanted to ID the one I had for a baseline.

Why do I need to monitor fuel pressure?????

walleyehed

Admiral

Hang tight....When I get home, I'll find the MWC book and see if anything matches up......Half hour.

diaric

Chief Petty Officer

he meant to say water pressure

walleyehed

Admiral

Michigan wheel PR157C is a 13X17. Original P/N was 031002.
In that application, depending on RPM with the prop you have now and what you want to do with the boat, I'd be looking at a good, quality SS prop.
Do you have a tach? if so, what RPM can you achieve with normal load?

Deimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks for the I.D help. I actually have not had the boat on the water yet I bought it right as the badf weather hit and I am restoring the interior and the trailer. When I get it on the laqke my new tach will tell me more Thanks again, this forum is a god send for new boaters.