Can you guess who????

SoulWinner

Commander
Greetings everyone!! Can you guess who made the following staement and when??<br /><br /><br />"For I have sworn before you and Almighty God the same solemn oath our forebears prescribed nearly a century and three quarters ago.....And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe - the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God. We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution. Let the word go forth from this time and place, to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans - born in this century, tempered by war, disciplined by a hard and bitter peace, proud of our ancient heritage - and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this Nation has always been committed, and to which we are committed today at home and around the world. Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."<br /><br />Sound familiar? Can you guess who said it and when?

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Can you guess who????

Kennedy's Inagural address

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Even I knew that one SoulWinner ;)

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> Well dang Bomar! How'd you get it so fast???
Pretty famous speech.....really not that hard.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Just wondered. What was the occasion of that speech?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Someone shoulda called the ACLU when Kennedy gave that speech. The nerve of him cramming his God down my throat!!<br /><br />I sure woulda been Offended. :p <br /><br />And as for this part:<br /><br />
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty."<br />
I guess John Kerry, Teddy the swimmer, et al, must have snoozed thru that part of the speech.

SoulWinner

Commander

BB, that was his inagural speech. Makes one wonder what the dem party would be like today if he were still here, and other great men such as MLK jr.