can trim be extended???

damstriper

Seaman Apprentice
i've got a 1999 evinrude 175 ficht. because of the angle of the transome, the motor trims too far down and not far enough up. is there a way to adjust the trim on this motor?? i did have trim extenders on my old motor but they will not work on these new rude's. thanks for any help.

Hasbeen

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: can trim be extended???

I do not know all, but the only way that I know of for sure is that you can get aluminum wedges that will take care of the steep angle! Pain in the Butt, as you have to remove the engine, ( unbolt it and move it back) to install them! If you think you might need to raise the engine this would definatly be the time to do it!!<br /><br />Hasbeen

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Hasbeen hasgotit. They're called Transom Wedges and you can get 'um at Bob's Machine for about $25.<br /><br /> Bob's Machine <br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

evin300

Petty Officer 1st Class

Look at trim extenders from Land&Sea. Have not tried them myself. They take the place of the pads that normally rides on the rams.

Hooty

Rear Admiral

Hey Evin,<br />I was out chain sawing the transom out of my boat yesterday and, all the while, thanking you for the advise. Works like a charm, even on good wood. Oh, those chain saws will cut fiberglass, ;) <br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty