Can the media coverage be influenced?

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Can we initiate an E-mail campaign inundating the media/television stations, blasting their wholly negative coverage of this tragedy :mad: :mad: .......(sorry this may just be a rant). What do you think???

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Can the media coverage be influenced?

I doubt it. Its all about the money.<br /><br />Most Americans want to see tradegdy and controversy and violence.<br /><br />The media isnt going to sell what the people wont buy.<br /><br />Ken

Ralph 123

Captain

I've been emailing the crap out of them.<br /><br />One MORON starting complaining they didn't have a database listing where all the refugees are. A DATABASE! These people are busy trying to save lives and evacuate people and this MORON is complaining there is no database! I hate these officious jerks!

gonfishn

Commander

The media is reporting what they are seeing..No sugarcoating on what is happening..The Dead bodies are real and the destruction is reality..<br /><br />They do report the up side to..Problem is there is more down then up..Its to bad that many folks can't accept what is happening there..<br /><br />if it was your child or parents what would you do?<br />its easy to armchair the events that are going down..You arent there and just be gratful you don't have to make the decisions that these folks are having to make just to survive..<br /><br />Heard on CNN last night that 20 or more countries have offered help and the Whitehouse is pondering it<br />We have helped so many. Its time we suck in our pride and let those who want to help welcome them with open arms..For once leave the politics in the background and forget the blame no matter what party you belong to..

Ralph 123

Captain

No, the problem is they have no visibility as to what's going on in the big picture. The disaster area is 90,000 square miles and they are covering a few city blocks and claiming that represents what is happening. They have left the people with impressions like people didn't have food or water in the dome when that was dead wrong. They are creating a false impression of the efforts and diminishing the efforts of many heroic people putting their own lives at risk to help.<br /><br />I ask you, who wants to take on these jobs when you are only criticized for it?

rogerwa

Commander

This is a somewhat emotional response because I am just sickened by what I am hearing on TV these days..<br /><br />These media people cannot see the forest for the trees as they cannot be bothered to deviate from their primary mission. Administration change.<br /><br />the vast majority of media, in collusion with the hating, destructive left (including many democrats, but not completely) are floating anything they can to chip away at republican leadership in preparation for the 2006 and 2008 cycle. I don't think they sit around and strategize around this mission. I believe it has become a knee jerk reaction that they automatically revert to.<br /><br />These people are suffering through a catastrophe we have not seen the likes of. Yet I am bothered by the entitlement attitudes some of the people are displaying. Sht happens, and this is a natural disaster. Pick up your cross or whatever symbol you want to use and bear the load. To think that the autorities are not doing everything they can at this point ot deal with the situation and are sitting back on their haunches is stupid. This is a huge undertaking and it just can't happen in 2.5-3 days. <br /><br />The fact of the matter is that we (all of us, not just GWB) bet on a CBA that this would not happen (the levees built to withstand cat 3 hurricane - building them to cat 5 would be far too costly from a CBA perspective. this was doen years ago - not by GWB). We lost that bet and have to deal with the consequences.<br /><br />What about local leadership? I know that I was living in a city 7 feet below sea level and that I could be underwater simply by a very bad storm, I would be damn sure I had all preparations in place to deal with this.<br /><br />One last note. If my city says to evacuate. I am outta there. And with me will be a bunch of stuff that will hepl me survive. Outside of the poor who do not have means, people need to bear personal responsibility for themselves. The Gov't is not or parent and should not be held accountable for our ultimate care. That is our independent responsibility.