Can RE- PAINT HIDROTURF ?

erick11s

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a Yamaha fx160, the Hidroturf is in a good condition color black only need to re- paint to look great, what type of paint or brand can use to this work?

Thanks in advance

Erick

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Can RE- PAINT HIDROTURF ?

Ive never heard of anyone painting hydroturf, and given the nature of the stuff I think it would be difficult if not impossible to get decent adhesion.. Its made of closed cell EVA foam, so try to search for products that are applicable to that. Maybe some of the SEM products might work; I've heard good things about their vinyl paint and such.

I think I would go the foolproof route and just replace the mats in the color you really want though, considering the cost and potential hassle.

Thalasso

Commander

I have a Yamaha fx160, the Hidroturf is in a good condition color black only need to re- paint to look great, what type of paint or brand can use to this work?

Thanks in advance

Erick

watercraft superstore. $80.00 13 diff. colors for the FX model. I couldn't be bothered to try and paint and find out it doesn't work or hold up

erick11s

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok, i undertand thanks for your comments

Regards

Erick

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Le me prompt this comment by saying this is only my opinion. If the color is faded, and I think that is what you are saying, then obviously the UV rays have taken its toll on the material already. Coloring it is an options but mostly a temporary cover up to the obvious deterioration that has taken place already. I know you don't want to hear it, but I would replace the Hidroturf or Carpet with new and then forget all about it until next time... Will be more expensive then simply covering up with color, but your time will be covered installing new over doing this anyways in a six months, a year or two.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

Bubba,

I have used some of the vinyl paints/stains on car plastic parts before, but never on any carpet or the likes. I refurbished a car once that the previous owner decided that everything inside needed painted black. So the seats, carpet, dash, door panels, even the instrument panel, steering wheel, air bag and console were all painted black. Needless to say, I had to replace most all of it with new carpet and seat covers (we made ourselves) and even the headliner. It took some time, but the finished car was showroom amazing. I just know I would replace the turf myself and go boating. But that IS just me! Whatever floats your boat...literally! :facepalm: