Can more power be had ?

dukewichers

Cadet
I was told I could swap heads from my 1992 Johnson ( J200TXEN ) with a set from an 87 200 to boost comression, and with a jet and timing change I could get more power from my outboard. True or false ? Next question.....is it worth the time and effort ?? Thanks in advance,<br /><br />Duke

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Can more power be had ?

The timing stays the same. You'll probably need to rejet the mid and hi jets. If you run without the airbox cover, you'll need to jet up (richer) a lot. You'll have to run at least 93 octane.<br /><br />That being said -- we're assuming youre gettin all ya can outta what ya got now. If youre not, then youre probably gonna eat up some parts. Like pistons.

dukewichers

Cadet

If you look in the prop topic's, I posted a topic with all the specs of my skiff. and suggestions would be helpfull... I burn too much fuel for 93... Thanks Dhadley !!!<br /><br />Duke

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Did you try what you & kenny were talking about?

dukewichers

Cadet

Sorry didn't see your reply Dhadley.. not quite yet..I was just making sure I've had looked at all other options before making that purchace.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Duke