Can I jump start a boat with a car?

jdstephwacotx

Seaman
Can I hook up my 75 Merc 85HP battery to my car battery in order to jump start it?<br /><br />Or will that cause damage?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Can I jump start a boat with a car?

Yep.

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer

u can jump it with a car try to just use the cables without the car running first it should start it .

zj-jeepster

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Are you trying to jump start the car with the Merc or the other way round? :D :D :D <br /><br />Just a little bit of humor thrown in.<br /><br />.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I'd like to know how you're going to get the front end of the car close enough to the back of the boat unless the car floats. :D <br /><br />I just realized that you asked a Merc question under the Johnnyrude heading (not that it makes much difference in this case).

jdstephwacotx

Seaman

Willy, I know but I accidently posted here before and got a much better response. I figured this was generic enough to get away with it.<br /><br />zj - very funny, the way my weekend has gone, I wouldn't put it past me either way. I just got done digging 18 post holes for a new fence. I'm whipped.<br /><br />Willy, I thought of that as well and to be honest I haven't figured it out yet but we have a pretty wide ramp that I hope isn't very busy tomorrow!!<br /><br />Also, my buddy has a company vehicle, we'll use it nose first down the ramp!