Can anyone tell me

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Can anyone tell me

Retailer? iboats.com, of course. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey!! Pay attention, there!!<br /><br />iboats.com is the worlds largest retailer of outboard ENGINES. (motors run on electricity).<br /><br />Would a silver bearded old great granpa lie??<br /><br />Yeah? Well, I wouldn't lie about that, anyway. :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

JB is that why they don't call them internal combustion motors?<br /><br /><br />Any way, back to the question at hand......could it be a retailer that is not in the American market?

QC

Supreme Mariner

Funny, but I've given up on the whole motor engine thing. I was taught engines make power, motors require power. Sadly, I think NASCAR has permanently sent that distinction the way of the dinosaur.<br /><br />Said by any driver, but I think I'd prefer Sterling Marlin, "the motor just blowed up, sumpin' a do widda flangelrod, I dunno".<br /><br />You could technically say that engines only convert power, which is what a motor does too. Fact is an engine aint diddley without fuel . . .

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Hey!! Pay attention, there!!<br /><br /> outboard ENGINES. (motors run on electricity).<br /><br />
Not quite. Engines move, motors are stationery. ie diesel electric engines (trains). Pump motors, Diesel power for irrigation for the bread basket of the world, the San Joaquin Valley, CA. The number one AG producer in the world....

Kiwi Phil

Commander

The info is pretty impressive Aldo.<br />Pity we down here can't help their sales figures.<br />Do they sell to the European market?<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

ZmOz

Captain

mo·tor<br />n. <br />1. Something, such as a machine or an engine, that produces or imparts motion. <br /><br />2. A device that converts any form of energy into mechanical energy, especially an internal-combustion engine or an arrangement of coils and magnets that converts electric current into mechanical power.