Can anyone help me?

Geauxfish

Cadet
I have come across what seems to be a early to mid 90's 25hp Evinrude outboard. It is missing the id plate on the transom mount where the model no. is located, and it was repainted all black so Im having a bit of a time figuring out what exactly it is.<br /> I can tell you that the org. color was blue like the evinrudes and had a white and red strip around the lower unit.<br /> After researching a bit i found you can find a model number on the core plug but the number I found does not resimble a model no. at all. the number is R8174900 which I belive to be a serial number.<br />I called Evinrude and the guy on the other line was of no help.<br />Im hoping with yalls vast knowledge of outboards you can help shine some light or at least point me in the right direction. I need a few parts for it, like a hinge pin and extra filters..etc. so the if there is another location for the model number that Im not aware of please share the info.<br />Thanks in advance,<br />Chevis<br />Baton Rouge, LA

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Can anyone help me?

Have you pulled the cover and checked under there. There is usually a plug that has the model number on it also should look like a freeze plug with out the model number there is no way to tell sorry

Geauxfish

Cadet

I did that is the core plug or freeze plug as some say and the number is R8174900, but like I said i think that is just a serial number. is there anyway to cross check w/ that?

Geauxfish

Cadet

oh yeah, Im guessing the oil /gas mix is 50:1. Am I correct in guessing this?<br />Thanks,<br />Chevis

gt5001968

Cadet

Look on the Carburetors, on of them should have a plate with numbers on it, you can take this plate to a marine parts store and they should be able to tell you what you have just by looking up those numbers, or at least narrow it down.