can a 60 hp sea king fit on this old Sea king boat and still be safe?

Dewey

Seaman
I have a 1960 60 hp sea king engine and i found a 14 foot Sea king boat runabout style that someone is selling(1960?). Would this motor be to large for the boat. It seats four, has a yellow top white bottom, windshield, and steering. Any information on the boat would be appreciated but i am really interested in what size motor it can handle. I have also checked out fiberglassics and i cant really read the specs. thanks for the time.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Re: can a 60 hp sea king fit on this old Sea king boat and still be safe?

The motor weight would be too much, I think. The forty hp of the era would seem to be better suited to the 14' boat. It's a little hard to find the right boat when you are trying to set up a classic rig, but you are on the right track -- better to start with the motor, on the assumption that hulls are easier to come up with.

bytor

Recruit

do you have a picture of your boat? i got an old boat that has a 40 hp sea king motor but i dont know what kind of boat it is....mike

T R Hawkins

Recruit

I have a 1966 14' Sea King (Starcraft Mfr) with the original Chrysler 45 hp (Sea King) motor. The plate rating is 50 Max. My boat, by the way, may be for sale. It has an aqua green trim, depth finder, air horn etc. Excellent condition since it has never been outside in the rain, snow etc. I just saw a restored 1965 STARCRAFT boat, "fully restored" identical to the Sea King...they are asking $5000. My boat doesn't need restored, ready to go. What could I get for it?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i have a 1956 14ft duracraft (similar hull) that is rated for 50hp. it will flat scat.