Campbell River Fishing BC

DGD

Cadet
Is anyone from around Campbell River BC? I expect to be there for the upcoming long weekend and would like to go fishing. My boat doesn't have a small enough motor to troll and was wondering if you can mooch with live herring and if you can catch anything. Will not be too far from the Hump so can easily go there......any place else? I have a 25' boat.

Thanks,

Dave

Reinellchris

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Campbell River Fishing BC

all be it a wee bit late
you can mooch with live herring just off the light house on quadra
another method is to troll a heavy duty pale about ten feet behind the boat slows ya down a bit
a deep 6 and a long ab and al flasher with a strip teaser has done me well from the lighthouse to the red can

DGD

Cadet

Reinellchris said:
all be it a wee bit late
you can mooch with live herring just off the light house on quadra
another method is to troll a heavy duty pale about ten feet behind the boat slows ya down a bit
a deep 6 and a long ab and al flasher with a strip teaser has done me well from the lighthouse to the red can

DGD

Cadet

Thanks!

I went there but didn't do too well. Will give what you say a shot next time.

Went up to Langara a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic.

Dave

Reinellchris

Seaman Apprentice

yes Langara rocks
brother caught an 85 pound halibut up there last year

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer

The hump seems to be quite off and on; usually when the fish are there there's lots of em but you often get skunked.
My favourite spots are Browns Bay or any of the bays just past the narrows, but again you have to find out when the fish are moving through. I've got some friends that guide at Painter's so I hear right away when the bite's on.;) When Ling are open copper bluffs can be a fun spot too.
Eric