Calling snapperbait

f_inscreenname

Commander
I was just on the "show us your old boat" post and ran across yours. Its a 1972 TigarCraft Bengal?? How long is it? How wide at the transom? It sure looks like a Nova Marine / Nova but with the deck removed and a center console added. I have seen where one company did that to a Nova 19 after they bought the molds. Just wondering if they did the same with your boat. The time it was built fits and you are from Florida. What do you know about the history? If interested check out my website in the Nova Marine section. To see what they look like with a "chopped top" check out the John Allmand section.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Calling snapperbait

Howdy, F-inscreenname. <br /><br />I checked out your website a while back just after you put it together.. I'll give it another look-see this afternoon..<br /><br />Yep.. 72 Tigercraft.. She's 21'+ an inch or two, and i'm guessing here that the width on the transom is 86-90".. The widest part of the beam is just forward of midship, about 102".. I'll get a better measurement on the transom today...<br /><br />All I know about it's history is that is was built in Miami, and that it has some features that look very Allmand like... I'll upload and post a few more pics up later today..<br /><br />Also...iboats member, Biloxiriver has the same model as I do.. I dunno if he might have anymore info..<br /><br />Every time i take her out, someone askes, "whatisit?"...

f_inscreenname

Commander

I had a guy send me a email a couple weeks ago with a picture of this. You can imagine my surprise.<br />
1f72e900.jpg
<br /> there is my boat with the deck chopped off, outboard and a center console.<br />He said he also got tired of people asking what it was so he went to Allmand and got the chrome names for the sides.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

The transom on mine is what made me think "Allmand".. I questioned the guy I bought it from because I thought it was an Allmand, but everything checked out and said Tigercraft..<br /><br />The boat has a hell of a flare to the bow, which makes the bow round at the top.... The flare is alot like the "carolina" type sportfishing boats like Buddy Davis yachts..<br /><br />
watermark.php
<br /><br />
watermark.php

f_inscreenname

Commander

Its probably a offshoot of the 7 meter, Donzi race boats (same as mine). I bet that mold was re-figured in 20 different ways by the Miami boat builders. If they had something that worked they would change the look a little and put another name on it and sell more of them. Looks like yours follows the 7 meter closer (Novas were made wider then the 7 meter)and as for the bow flair, I guess its a fishing thing. <br /> But anyway Welcome to the family of "Miami glamor boats". Being from Miami, 1972 and with a a$$ like this you have to be connected some how. <br />
1f51c790.jpg
1c417480.jpg