Calling Ron Regan

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer
Hi Ron,<br /><br />Just checking, how was your South African trip?<br /><br />Cheers<br />Andrew

katbird

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Calling Ron Regan

Hi Andrew,<br />trip was very nice other than the 19 hours of flying to get there. We were really rushed too much to enjoy most of it. We visited table mountain and the veiw was awsome. I really enjoyed cape town. we stayed at the cape grace which was very nice. we stayed three days at the game lodge. we had to get up at 5 in the morning and then head for the bush. we saw the big five. The game lodge is Phinde and is located at what they called Zulu Land. the Nyala were everywhere and all around my hut. I drank a lot of castle beer, very good and has more kick than our 3.2 beer. We left the lodge in a leer jet on a very small run way, the pilot had to lock it down just at the moment of take off because a family of wart hogs ran out on the run way, very scary. I ask for 2 more castle beers right away. I thought that I was in the movie top gun when the jet took off. It shot straight up and flying at 849 mph. a head rush for sure. It took me a while to figure out the value of a rand. The first night ther I spent 650 rand for a bottle of jack daniels. I loved the resturants. I did try the impala and buffalo and ostrich and even gator tail. Africa has some very good wine. we went to several wine tasteings . I brought a bottle or two back to the states with me and also some Amarula, I love that stuff. I really enjoyed it and the people were so friendly. It was an experience of a life time and I recommend that everyone should visit South Africa at least once.<br />Regards<br />Ron

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cool, I'm glad that you enjoyed it. Pity that it was a bit rushed.Africa and specifically South Africa must be savoured at a leisurly pace! 650 rand for a bottle of Jack!!! man they saw you coming!!! That's a 100USD! we normally pay 110 rands, around 18 USD.

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer

Hi Ron,<br /><br />apologies for not having answered timesly Ron but I have had some hassles at work that have involved me having to fire (can) both my Financial Director and Chief Financial Accountant.<br /><br />I knew you would enjoy it. I know it was rushed and it was pity we could not meet up but I know how things go. Time is a precious commodity.<br /><br />Well now at least you are able to understand another culture and country. Hope you took lots of pic's fr those back home.<br /><br />Rudeafrican is right, booze and food tends to be very cheap here as is housing.<br /><br />Well if there is a next time look me up and we will do something together.<br /><br />Cheers<br />Andrew

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ron,<br /><br />Do you have ancestors from County of Cork?<br /><br />Just interested.<br /><br />Neil Regan<br />Sorry Getreel