Calling Mr. LF or LF

gaugeguy

Captain
I was channel surfing a couple nights ago and came across a show (cold case or something like that) about a serial killer in your neck of the woods. Maybe the "highway 41 killer" or something like that. Was that ever solved or is it an ongoing case?

ob

Admiral
Re: Calling Mr. LF or LF

I45 murders.Been going on for years.The FBI doesn't think that there is a single killer ,but rather a transient climate and easy escape route for committing these types of crimes.Lots of Refineries and industries in the area that use a lot of temporary contract workers,as well as a major trucking route.

gaugeguy

Captain

So the killings are still going on? How many victims? From the brief few moments I saw it there was 2 young girls that were found in the bay and one lady that escaped.

ob

Admiral

Dozens of young women since the seventies have been missing from the general area.Some have never been recovered.Several others bodies were located adjacent or in the vicinity of I45.Not sure when the most recent one was reported.Just seems to be a hotspot for rape/murders.

gaugeguy

Captain

I just googled it...here's a brief on it.<br /><br />4. The I-45 Killer<br />Description: White male<br />Scene of the crime: A 50-mile stretch of Interstate 45 in Texas, between Houston and Galveston<br />Wanted for: The rape and murder of as many as 33 women. Since 1971, the bodies of 27 women have been found and six more have completely vanished on this stretch of road. Detectives have definitely linked four cases, proving the existence of at least one serial killer. The most recent presumed victim was 17-year-old Jessica Cain: In August 1997, after she failed to return home from an outing with a theater group, her father found her abandoned Ford pickup on the southbound shoulder of the road. <br /><br />Thanks ob.

gaugeguy

Captain

Call it my morbid sense of curiosity, but serial killers and killings interest me. I was in the LA area when Richard Rameriz went on his spree. A woman that lived two houses down from a good friends house was murdered by him.

LadyFish

Admiral

I am VERY aware of this GG. Jessica Cain was in my daughter's class. My daughter used to pal with her. It devestated her classmates. I would never let my daughter travel on the road at night by herself PERIOD. But even today, we all do it and it is extremely dangerous. <br /><br />I-45 where this and other rapes and murders took place is just over the causeway on the mainland not too far from here.<br /><br />The best thing for us is not to become complacent and try to remain diligent at all times. It's not safe being a woman alone at night....that's all there is to it, no matter how invinceable we think we are.

ob

Admiral

Off topic a bit.Did anyone just catch the news about this incident in Tyler texas in a Wal-Mart parking lot.The alleged attacker was an ex-Marine of 4 years.The parking lot surveilance tape shows the woman being chased to her car where the man forces her inside and they drive off.If she had thought to run back toward the store it may have saved her life.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Ladyfish, is it near the "exotic" dance club on I45 where these girls are taken?<br /><br />Ken

LadyFish

Admiral

Ken...which one???? :p <br /><br />Do you mean the Island Cabaret and Dimitrees? Not as far north as Heartbreakers is it. <br /><br />Jessica was abducted just before the causeway where those clubs are on the opposite side of the freeway.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

The abductions have taken place along both sides of I-45 from League City south to the Causeway. <br />There is a field on Caulder Rd. in League City where I think 15 to 20 of the bodies have been found over the years. The police have a very strong suspect for several of the murders but as of yet have not been able to arrest him.