Calling FatPratt

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Did you make your trip to Ohio? Did everything go okay at the hospital? Just curious.

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Calling FatPratt

Hey SS! Yeah funny story. I guess about 3 days before we went there, there was a big ice storm which knocked out the power. My wife's grandfather had to borrow a generator from a neighbor. Being the neighbor's he didn't want to leave it outside so he put it in the garage. At that time there was a lot of water building up in the basement so with no power to pump it out he had to do it manually. So up and down the stairs he went for a while, in and out of the garage. He ended up giving himself carbon monoxide poisoning which in turn brought got the doctors to checking his heart. They found two blockages so I guess this was a blessing in disuise. He was up and running when we got up there. I guess that was a good time as any to meet the guy huh? Thank you for your concern SS. You're alright in my book.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

He was right about leaving the generator outside. During that time of the outage, the law enforcement said over 30 generators had been stolen. So I can see what his worry was about. One person did die from poisioning and a few had to be sent to the hospital.<br /><br />I've been through some ice storms, seen them on TV, but this one is the worst I had ever seen. Toppling trees that were well over 100 years old.<br />A branch that would weigh maybe a pound or two would weigh about 30 to 40 pounds with the ice on it. Did you see all the damage to the trees?<br /><br />I was hoping to connect with you, but you must of left before my reply. I could have used some help! Just joking! If you make it back up this way, let me know and I'll show you Gonfishn's gator hole.

fatpratt1996

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't think I'm going to forget that offer. I heard ice storm but didn't think anything of it until I saw it for myself. I tell ya, Ohio is a culture shock to me. Very pretty though if you discount the fallen/broken trees and the amount of flooding I saw. I bet summer is beautiful around there. Summers here are just hot but the waters deep enough to still find the fish.