Calling BrianFD

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey Brian, you ok up there this AM?<br />Been watching the news about the shooting at the concert last night.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Re: Calling BrianFD

I watched that on GMA too SBN. Seemed like it had to be a grudge. The band member was definitely the main target. It was a Heavy Metal Band, don't know if Brian is into that kind of music or not??<br />If he was there, I hope all is well.<br /><br />AK Chappy

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea and the shooter was a band member of another band I think that is what they are saying.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Knock off of the WHO in Cincinnati. The band must have been really crummy.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

It was Dimebag/Diamond Darrel from the band Pantera.........seen them three times back in the day........made me sick reading about this.... I no longer go to ckubs but I spent a large part of my life in them playing and watching bands and this is really messed up. Guy was a freakin great guitarist :(

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Been many moons since I was there. <br /><br />Their security back then was a joke......in recent years there have been a bunch of stabbings and major melees take place there - and a couple deaths that didn't make major news - so this incident doesn't surprise me one bit.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey, All! I'm OK. Thanks for thinking about me.<br />I wasn't there last night, but I've been there on occasion, most recently in July. Several friends of my daughter were there, in the mosh pit, and were eyewitnesses to the shootings. They were rounded up by the Columbus Police and gave their statements. They are all pretty well shook up, as you can imagine.<br />It's a sad day for metal, for sure. And it was 24 years ago last night that John Lennon was assassinated. <br />Too many killings... Makes you wonder about the world we all live in.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Glad to hear you are OK GF!<br />Hope your daughter's friends can put this behind them.<br /><br />AK Chappy