calling AmigaDragon

one more cast

Captain
In the "show us your boat" post I see you have an old Maytag washer in your picture. I was wondering if it had a gasoline motor on it. I have one with a single cylinder that I play around with. I actually used it about 10 years ago to do the laundry when we lost our power for 5 days. I also heard a few years back that Maytag was looking for them in operating condition for advertising.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: calling AmigaDragon

gas powered washer??? LOL<br />ps. see u got a new hat for x-mas OMC :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Wow OMC, that's scary. Ain't it funny how small this world is sometimes.<br />I have one of them bad boys to use for the same reason as you.<br />Although I have not had to use it in a few years I still fire it up every now and again just to keep the ol boy going.<br />I think without going out and looking that mine is a model 31. It has a single cylinder gas engine.<br />Does your's still have the flex hose and muffler on it?<br /><br />I will get a picture of mine today and post it here.

one more cast

Captain

MY , yup a new hat LOL and SBN I believe mine is also a 31. I was missing the air breather, exhaust manifold and the muffler but got a muffler from a 80+ year old friend of mine who found it at a rummage sale. He knew what it was but ask the seller what it was and the seller told him it was a ball that went on top of a bed post....50 cents, then I was hunting and found a old rusted up motor that had a manifold. I carried that motor about a 1/2 mile out of the woods. Mine also needs to be restored cuz somebody painted the legs pink.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I got mine from my grandfather way back and it is still in the original shape, dang near mint.<br />I don't move the flex hose much, afraid it will break from being so old and all, but it's still there with the muffler on the end of it.

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey a friend of ours built a tender for his friends 30ft owens. It was one of those gas engines from a maytag washer that he was going to use as the motor. He had a little (slush box) sp and term? to run it as a straight through drive.<br />Dont know if he ever installed it or not.