Calling all Southern Peoples...

eeboater

Commander
Being from WISCONSIN any vehicle I look at that is 15 years or old is a complete rustbucket. When I buy my next toy, I want to get it in a non-rustbelt area. Preferably south of the lattitude that runs through Kentucky. <br /><br />I am wondering what your local car ad magazine is and if they have a website? I know about the online car shopping places - but you're just not going to find a $500 Jeep in online ads.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Sean

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Calling all Southern Peoples...

Sean,<br /><br />I run a Chevrolet dealers web site and internet sales department. My suggestions would be:<br /><br />Hit the autotrader web site and select a souther zip code.<br /><br />Read the classifieds from souther newspapers on-line.<br /><br />Some real diamonds in the rough can be found.<br /><br />Bob

eeboater

Commander

Thanks Bob. That's what I've been doing for the past few months. I supposed I should find out the zip codes of some of the larger cities in the south.<br /><br />Sean

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sean, some of the local cities have a website you can visit and search for transportation. Select the city and then transportation and you will find ads for cars/trucks etc listed. There is no salt put on the roads down here so most vehicles are rust free. You can still find 50's model cars around, rare but still here. The site is www.sgaonline.com

NYMINUTE

Captain

I'm from South Buffalo, does that count????<br />YeeeeHawwww<br />Oppps, sorry EEboater.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Here's some classifieds from Houston, Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth and Phoenix. Just page down to find the "Transportation" section:<br /><br /> http://www.thegreensheet.com/ <br /><br /><br />And here's some zip codes:<br /><br />Dallas 75201 to 75398<br />Fort Worth 76101 to 76199<br />Houston 77001 to 77299

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> I'm from South Buffalo, does that count????<br />YeeeeHawwww<br />Oppps, sorry EEboater.
LMAO NYM --- I'd have to go NORTH to get to you!<br /><br />Thanks again everyone. I knew I could get reliable results here.<br /><br />Sean

NathanY

Commander

How much you wanna spend? You arent going to find a $500 Jeep CJ anywhere. All of the hunters have bought them up and they will not part with em. I have been on this same mission for atleast four years now.

ehenry

Commander

www.clarionledger.com That is the local paper in Jackson and has the best classifieds in the area.<br /><br />With the price of gas getting the way it is I might have a couple rides for ya ! ! Black 1999 Dodge Durango 2WD w/318 and towing package. 75K miles. 2003 White Chevy Z71 41k miles w/5.3 liter engine.

ob

Admiral

Wherever the lower average humidity areas of the country are is a good bet for non rotted out older vehicles.Corpus Christi and Houston Texas are not such locales.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Nate in AR:<br /> How much you wanna spend? You arent going to find a $500 Jeep CJ anywhere. All of the hunters have bought them up and they will not part with em. I have been on this same mission for atleast four years now.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^<br />Double Darnit.<br /><br /><br />
Originally posted by efhenry: With the price of gas getting the way it is I might have a couple rides for ya ! ! Black 1999 Dodge Durango 2WD w/318 and towing package. 75K miles. 2003 White Chevy Z71 41k miles w/5.3 liter engine.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^<br /><br />um.. nah, thanks anyway tho :D

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Corpus and Houston cars rust because of the ocean, not the humidity. I am 200 miles inland with even more humidity than you, no rust buckets here.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

stay away from my area. as kids we would hang out on the beach and watch the jeeps rust :) . my 87 chevy is probably 700 pounds lighter now than when manufactured. the only good thing is the floor allows the water to leak out faster than the roof and winshield area let it in :) .

papasage

Senior Chief Petty Officer

not on line or in anyones yard . the south uses them for hunting . good motor and trannie is worth that.go to army surplus sales . papasage

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

How 'bout a rust-free, not dented, '94 Toyota Celica?

ob

Admiral

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> Corpus and Houston cars rust because of the ocean, not the humidity. I am 200 miles inland with even more humidity than you, no rust buckets here.
With prevailing SE winds ,the Gulf of Mexico is the humidity source.Trust me, I've lived here for quite some time.Vehicles that set outside and get wet and dry for most of their life are more prone to corrosion.I'd also be very surprised if 200 miles inland experienced higher average daily humidity than here on the Gulf.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

It's available... not 500 bucks though. Wonder how much I could advertise it for?