Calling all North Texas Fisherman

NathanY

Commander
I will be in Texas over the Labor Day weekend, need to know where the fish are biting. I plan on being in the Fort Worth area, hoping to fish PK, Whitney, Aquilla, Texoma, or Ray Roberts. Will probably end up at Ray Raoberts though because it is very difficult for those damn jet skis to manuever through all those trees :D .<br /><br />Anyways, how is the fishing down there right now?

Twidget

Commander
Re: Calling all North Texas Fisherman

You might give Granbury a try. Its full of good spots to fish and isnt usually full of jet skis.

walleyehed

Admiral

Stripers, Largemouth, cats......what is your fancy and I'll give a report on what's up here...

walleyehed

Admiral

I'll give ya a report anyway.....stripers on top from daybreak to about 9am....all you can handle mostly eastern half of lake.<br />Largemouth are starting to come up tight to steep banks early and late-spinnerbaits, buzzbaits here.<br />Blues and Channel cat about anywhere, but drifting the flats on the southern side is producing fish to 40lbs (blues), day and night. <br />When drifting live shad in the day, we're getting about 50/50 stripers to cats.<br />A few nice "spots" and the occasional smallmouth fishing the lower regions of the lake on rocky points/slopes.<br />BUT, the jet-skiers are here in force already... :mad: <br />would've stayed longer tonite but activity is picking up, boating-wise, so we came in.<br />Cleaned 9 stripers and 2 cats, for about 2-1/2 hrs worth. Just too much wild-man boaters tonight.