Calling all computer dorks, upgrading personal tablet

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Current ecosystem is an old fire tablet running even older Android os. Cannot upgrade chrome any longer. Performance was always sub prime but since this is just mostly web surfing I've put up with it however at this point untenable.

In that same eco system is a surface pro of some denomination that i use for banking and my semi retired work life. Zero issues for four or so years.

In the past had samsung tablets and in my working life started with dell and mostly had those with corporate America, no issues.

Going to replace the fire tablet for the day to day stuff like coming here...

I'm at a refurb Surface Pro 6 or a new Go 2 because i really like my current surface and i dont like change as i get older, which is getting worse. I know smaller screen size.

I would entertain the comparable dell model if yall can convince me why.

Apple people - like my wife - please just keep walking down the dock without speaking or looking at me......

flashback

Captain
We have a chrome book, it's good for just poking around and cheap too..

Reactions: KJM

stresspoint

Ensign
acer spin.
mine is a spin 2 and still kicking , going on 3 years now and its used and abused .
a couple of broken plastic bits where it hinges but my fault for the most part ,as i used to thrash the hinges when opening and closing.
spin 5 is available now so chances are they would have fixed the hinge set up by now.
search google for tech data , you will find they are up there with the best small lap tops.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Oh, forgot to say i need to be able to utilize office suite. I hate using in web based

Had acer years ago. Liked it.

imeineIsi

Recruit
Current ecosystem is an old fire tablet running even older Android os. Cannot upgrade chrome any longer. Performance was always sub prime but since this is just mostly web surfing I've put up with it however at this point untenable.

In that same eco system is a surface pro of some denomination that i use for banking and my semi retired work life. Zero issues for four or so years.

In the past had samsung tablets and in my working life started with dell and mostly had those with corporate America, no issues.

Going to replace the fire tablet for the day to day stuff like coming here...

I'm at a refurb Surface Pro 6 or a new Go 2 because i really like my current surface and i dont like change as i get older, which is getting worse. I know smaller screen size.

I would entertain the comparable dell model if yall can convince me why.
Apple people - like my wife - please just keep walking down the dock without speaking or looking at me......
I sometimes look for interesting games to expand my horizons. I usually look at https://kaszinoworld.com/ to stay up to date with the latest trends. Although I don't play often, mostly on vacation or during holidays.

I use a Chromebook, it's perfectly sufficient for standard tasks. And there's the option to download word and excel from the google play store.