Caliber Bunk Wraps

tablerockboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just finished wrapping four bunks with Caliber Bunk Wrap. . . . . . . What would be a difficult product to install is made easy with a simple Velcro strap technique. My wife would say that a lady came up with that idea!!!! . . . . . . . I'm thinking what would be a finishing touch would be to spray-rubber the bare wood exposed on the underside. My wife got my brain working on that when she wondered out loud about that bare wood. . . . . . . Great product. . . . . . I also deduced why there are four end caps in the 16-foot product size. (but our jet ski trailer does not need new bunk covers!!!!!!)

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Seems like spraying the bottoms with rubber is only likely to trap moisture and lead to rot. I would think leaving the wood bare would allow it to dry more quickly.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
leave the wood bare to allow it to dry

tablerockboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
My wife was concerned about moisture that gets trapped under the bunk wrap, so I thought if you sealed where water could get there, that wouldn't happen. I'm thinking if you don't sealed it, water is going to get under the wrap, and not be able to dry.

But what would I know?

Oh, yeah, the wrap was on sale at HomeDepot.com, for under $45 for the 16' 2x4 size, so the whole thing was less than $200.

Last edited:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
If you never launch the boat, maybe.

Fist launch, you have t is nice sack holding water in the wood that never dries