Cabelas overkill

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Has anyone else received the newest Cabelas BOOK? I can't even describe it as a catalog.... it is actually a hardcover book.<br /><br />My postal delivery person balanced it on top of my mailbox by the road.<br /><br />Talk about packaging overkill!!! :eek: <br /><br />Bob

JRJ

Commander
Re: Cabelas overkill

Yea, I have Vol. III,IV,and V. I bet I and II got tossed :mad: Which Vol. did you get?

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Don't have the Book, but they are just finishing a new Cabelas just up the road, maybe I'll stop by and request one.

Homerr

Commander

So much for 'paperless society' huh?<br /><br />H.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

It's a "Limited edition" and contains all the smaller catalogs bound inside. No volume number at all.<br /><br />Bob

KaGee

Admiral

Catalog???? I don' nee no stinking catalog!<br /> :D :D <br /><br />I got the whole store 25 minutes from here! He, he!

crab bait

Captain

i thought, since i'm special, was the only one that got sent this catalog.. <br /><br />guess not..

gaugeguy

Captain

Now I know why their dang shipping charges are so high. That thing is a beast!!!

tylerin

Commander

I was talking to a friend on the phone and asked him to go to a certain page and the 2 books were different. My prices were better than his too.They're not all the same

RichP1269

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It seems that Cabelas sends out the 'bound' catalogs to customers who order frequently or spend lots of money. My uncle get the 'bound version', but he uses a Cabelas credit card for work expenses. Nothing like spending the company dime and earning all those reward points for yourself.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Live 30 minutes from the store. It is all overpriced over rated stuff, but still cool to look at.<br />At the store you can get the catalogues by interest, camping and hiking, hunting and shooting, fishing etc. or you can get the whole big book with all of them rolled into one.