Buying First Boat Chris Craft Scorpion 230

Ust2010

Cadet
My friend and I want to buy a new boat to head out on some local lakes here in Minnesota. I have sailed quite a bit when I was younger and am pretty mechanically inclined. We found a great deal on what seems like a pretty decent boat. Could someone please toss us a little advice? I know a hell of a lot more about cars than I do about powerboats but I think my attention to details and two years of mechanical engineering should help quite a bit. Here are the details:

1985 Cris Craft Scorpion 230 wit EZ loader trailor. Runs excellent, fully new bellows, complete biminy cover and trailer cover as well! Comfortable cuddy and new sound system. Dual battery system. This boat has been in storage for 2 seasons but has been started and winterized each year to protect seals. The gimble unit should be looked at and I don't have time to do this work otherwise it would be in water NOW!!!! 2000 or best offer AS IS.

View attachment 146907
View attachment 146908
View attachment 146909
View attachment 146910

We are going to take a look at it this evening. Thought? Recommendations? Advice? What should we be looking for?

Philster

Captain
Re: Buying First Boat Chris Craft Scorpion 230

What engine and drive are in it? Must know this.