BUYING AND SHIPPING TO UK???

captain porky

Recruit
HI I AM IN THE UK AND THINKING OF BUYING A BAYLINER 24/26FT 1986/89 FROM THE NEW YORK/BALTIMORE AREA ANY ADVICE? AS I HAVE NEVER VISITED THE U.S.A. AND CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME SHIPPING COMPANYS WEB SITES AS IT MAY BE CHEAPER FROM THERE. I WANT TO VISIT THE BALTIMORE AREA IN THE NEXT MONTH OR TWO TO SEE WHAT I CAN BUY IS THIS THE PLACE TO LOOK???THANKS LANCE.

bolted4

Seaman Apprentice
Re: BUYING AND SHIPPING TO UK???

My company has purchased some heavy equipment some would be comparable to a boat, shipping you could exspect anything from 2-6k US. I could be wrong on a boat vs equipment.keep in mind Insurance. It would have to be a good deal for me to even think about it. Oh ya customs which may be more of a delay. DHL was the company they can take care of customs.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

Can't help you with the UK but about 10 years ago I sold my 27 1/2' Bayliner flybridge with trailer to a guy who lived about 60 miles from Stockholm Sweedan (I live in Miami, Florida). He had it shipped on a freighter from south Florida and somehow the figgure of $6,000.00 comes to mind for shipping cost. He had a friend here who found my boat in a publication that lists boats for sale called Boat Trader. He friend was the go between.<br /><br />I don't know the Baltimore area but there are tons of boats for sale in south Florida. Go to Boat Trader on the internet and have a look see for yourself. Plan on spending some time in the US if you are looking for a good boat at a good price as it may take you a while. As with anything else there is a lot of overpriced junk on the market. Make sure you get whatever surveyed before you turn your wallet upside down.

captain porky

Recruit

thanks solittle i will try to find boat mart site thanks for you help . can you or any one tell me about tital is this to do with a boat on credit and not paid for ??????? any other advice or help please cheers for now.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Here in the US, a title is documentation of ownership.<br /><br />If you borrow money to purchase the boat, the bank will place a lein on the title. This signifies that they have an interest in the boat, and it can not be sold to another individual until the bank loan is paid off.<br /><br />You will most likely need a title for the boat, that shows you as the rightful owner, before it can enter the UK.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

When I sold mine I required the buyer to initiate a bank draft from his bank to mine. I released posession only when I knew the money was deposited to my account. This was agreeable to the buyer and that is the way the transaction went.