Buying a trailer with out actually looking at it.

hazmat5760

Seaman
Can't find a trailer in my area for my boat, but there are tons in GA and FL. Has anyone ever bought a trailer without actually looking at it and have it shipped to you?

Any suggestions?

Snowfish

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Buying a trailer with out actually looking at it.

Bad idea. Unless it's brand new, with warrantee. Or practically free and you don't mind paying the freight.

204 Escape

Ensign

My mechanic bought one just last week in a salvage yard, for $75.00 NO TITLE. THe trailer that is under the boat he has, was hit, and totaled out. He says he can get a title, or the necessary paper work. It needs a winch, but he can take the one off of the wrecked trailer that he has.

I thought he did pretty well.

THe trailer needs sandblasted, and paint.

P.S. It's a Shorelander trailer.

hazmat5760

Seaman

The two that we saw online today were both $500. Probably won't do it, but damn it's tempting. Tons of trailers for 15-20' boats, but nothing for 22'ers.

Bob's Garage

Chief Petty Officer

We have a huge amount of used trailers here in Florida, so take a vacation, come look for one and take it home. CL is a good place to start but so is E-bay and google.

hazmat5760

Seaman

Thanks to craigslist, I found a trailer. Well, more like a trailer found me. :D Posted a want ad and had a guy email me with his trailer. It just happens to have an old boat on it. :D