buy or not?

KnightWolf

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok here's the deal I have a boat project on going already but....... I have the chance to buy another Boat motor trailer for 200$ its a 1960's Larson 17' with a working 95 hp merc not sure on the yr. I have not seen it yet only 2 pics and not real close up. I have called and asked again to be sure the motor runs. the seller got it as a project but never did anything with it. I am sure the boat is rotted inside from the yr and it is uncovered. It is located about 100 miles away so just to see it driving my truck is about 60 bucks.So would you jump on this or pass?

'78 Crusader

Chief Petty Officer
Re: buy or not?

One boat at a time sir. You already have one project, why take on another one while still working on the first one? Eventually, as human nature tends to do, you'll become overwhelmed at the amount of work you have with two boats and you'll give up all together.

As I tell my son.....finish one job before starting another.

I say pass on it.

Just my $.02

Navigator_Victory

Petty Officer 1st Class

One boat at a time sir. You already have one project, why take on another one while still working on the first one? Eventually, as human nature tends to do, you'll become overwhelmed at the amount of work you have with two boats and you'll give up all together.

As I tell my son.....finish one job before starting another.

I say pass on it.

Just my $.02

+1.......I have two one that works and one I am working on......if you get another boat make sure it is useable while you finish the other

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Nothing is making me overly excited about that deal. The hull is essentially worthless. I've never heard of a 95HP Merc. Parts support on old Mercs is a little spotty so that probably isn't the steal of the century either. Unless this other boat has some expensive part on it that you really need for your first project, I'd pass. Now if it was an aluminum Starcraft....... :p

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Hmm, that's a pretty nice rig for $200. That Merc looks hella-cool.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

by not going, you now have 3 hours and $60 gas money for boating. It's all about choices.

KnightWolf

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hmm, that's a pretty nice rig for $200. That Merc looks hella-cool.

Yeah I like the motor! And the hull is just a big open space. I searched a bit and believe it is a 60 or 61 Larson Sea Lion.

cr2k

Captain

The trailer don't look like $200 to me. The engine is of the age that the old rubber coated wiring will turn to dust if you touch it, which you will have to do to clean the carbs. New harness? NLA Rewire $300

spudshaft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Everyone else seems to like the outboard, I'll throw in that I like the hull. It's different